hearing

Found 14th Nov 2017
so today i was messing with audio settings and video, as you do now and then, and I played frequency test, once it got past 10 thousands hz i couldn't hear, I tried on my phone and same.

is this common
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
I would suggest trying this hearing test and see what it says echalk.co.uk/Sci…tml
Generally humans should be able to hear up to 20khz, and the younger you are the better it should be
Dolphinzz3 m ago

I would suggest trying this hearing test and see what it says …I would suggest trying this hearing test and see what it says https://www.echalk.co.uk/Science/biology/hearing/HowOldIsYourHearing/resource.html

My hearing age is one year less than my actual age!
9 years less than my age but no surprise as I can often hear noises others can't!
Dolphinzz34 m ago

I would suggest trying this hearing test and see what it says …I would suggest trying this hearing test and see what it says https://www.echalk.co.uk/Science/biology/hearing/HowOldIsYourHearing/resource.html

I apparently had the hearing of a 12 year old. Pro tip: don't listen to this at high volume.
Original Poster
i can hear a loud sound at high frequency, but past 12 000 i can't really hear anything, i think high pitch sounds i just ignore
Original Poster
i think last time i went for hearing test with eye test, he said you can hear low sounds better than high
You lose the ability to hear higher frequencies as you get older nidcd.nih.gov/hea…oss - it's the premise of the Mosquito alarm that's supposed to stop young people from "loitering" - en.wikipedia.org/wik…ito
i got around 15800
unreality3 h, 46 m ago

9 years less than my age but no surprise as I can often hear noises others …9 years less than my age but no surprise as I can often hear noises others can't!

...and often in your Rice Krispies.
You could just have crap speakers.

Get a proper hearing test done if you're worried, I think they're free.
I'm a little bit deaf in my right ear at the moment, it's blooming annoying and weird. I should be back to normal in the morning after a visit to the ENT clinic to have a bead removed which my daughter dropped in there on Thursday night
RossD896 h, 46 m ago

Pro tip: don't listen to this at high volume.

Too late, I can still hear it.
My hearing is 11 years younger than my age with that test. Just a shame I have glaucoma, would rather be going deaf than blind.
Years of ignoring the wife seem to have had detrimental impact on my hearing :(. My hearing age is 44 apparently, I'm only 35 :(.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions