Groups
    EXPIRED

Hearing aids

Am looking to arrange the purchase of a hearing aid for my grandfather. Anyone know of the best place to get a deal on a good model (preferably a custom fit one)?

10 Comments

jjmillet

Am looking to arrange the purchase of a hearing aid for my grandfather. … Am looking to arrange the purchase of a hearing aid for my grandfather. Anyone know of the best place to get a deal on a good model (preferably a custom fit one)?

IF you use the NHS they ask you to do a hearing test, if you fail it you get a digital one for free, I got an in ther ear one because i am at uni (basically and invisible one) but as it is for your grandad i assume you'll get an around the ear one.

Best of luck

Jay105

IF you use the NHS they ask you to do a hearing test, if you fail it you … IF you use the NHS they ask you to do a hearing test, if you fail it you get a digital one for free, I got an in ther ear one because i am at uni (basically and invisible one) but as it is for your grandad i assume you'll get an around the ear one.Best of luck

did you have to pay for the hearing aid because the nhs told my dad that the only free one would be the one around the ear and the other type start from around 700+

hulya

did you have to pay for the hearing aid because the nhs told my dad that … did you have to pay for the hearing aid because the nhs told my dad that the only free one would be the one around the ear and the other type start from around 700+

nope, completly free.

Jay105

nope, completly free.

i cant believe that what area do you live in maybe that has an effect?:?

I'm absolutely serious, didn't pay a penny, i'm 19 and get a new one every 2 years for free - been using them since i was 4.

I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland

Jay105

I'm absolutely serious, didn't pay a penny, i'm 19 and get a new one … I'm absolutely serious, didn't pay a penny, i'm 19 and get a new one every 2 years for free - been using them since i was 4.I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland

thats probably why you live in ireland and your young. my dads old and grumpy . a sweet man really and we live in london and the NHS is bad down here. maybe worth moving to Ireland:whistling:

Jay105

I'm absolutely serious, didn't pay a penny, i'm 19 and get a new one … I'm absolutely serious, didn't pay a penny, i'm 19 and get a new one every 2 years for free - been using them since i was 4.I'm from Belfast in Northern Ireland

ive given you your second box i remember the days when i got my second box i was well happy:giggle: :giggle:

The current NHS waiting list for a free hearing aid is at 20 months and only one would normally be provided.

One of the cheapest place to get them privately is a Specsavers Hearcare centre, free hearing checks, 30 day trial, 2 years warranty, prices start at £495 and you get two for the price of one.

specsavershearcare.co.uk/cgi…tml

Double Post

hulya

ive given you your second box i remember the days when i got my second … ive given you your second box i remember the days when i got my second box i was well happy:giggle: :giggle:

Make sure its Northern Ireland or your even more screwed if you move down south (you have to pay for your healthcare there)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions