Groups
    EXPIRED

Heart Rate monitor

Anyone know where I can get a good cheap heart rate monitor for cv exercising? I wanna monitor my heart rate so I stay within a certain zone. Thx!

11 Comments

I saw one in Boots today for £4.99. It was thier own brand.

jezzuk;1595863

I saw one in Boots today for £4.99. It was thier own brand.

At £4.99 probably not HRM - probably one of those place your finger here and indicate pulse. No good for exerecising.

I just got second hand HRM from ebay - plenty to choose from there and some bargains (as well as some rubbish). Have a good shop around.

I got this one for £8 from ebay, without instructions but got one from Argos, copied instructions and returned under 14 day return rule: argos.co.uk/web…901

amazon have an Oregon (pretty reasonable brand) watch with HRM for £17.49 IIRC. Cant link to it now but it should be easy enough to find from their search facility...

Original Poster

yeah but it has mixed reviews, not sure if I should take the risk

Mine is from 'Polar' which are probably one of the best manufactures. Getting them cheap can be difficult but you can a get bargain on older models.

Original Poster

which model do u have?

Mines an old model now, Polar M61. When I ordered it was half the price of the current model at the time (12 months ago)

Hi if you want to get something more expensive try boots. They have a clearance instore of polar ones.I think you might find some online too, depends how much you want to spend. I went today and they were doing a polar (i think f6) for £30. That was in basildon essex.

Original Poster

thx for all the replies, will try boots and the lloyds one!

Newitts have 20% off Polar HRM's + quidco - the cheapest is about 27 quid plus postage
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions