Heat pump tumble dryer yes or no?

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Looking at heat pump tumble dryers with A++ ratings. Anyone recommend these?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Yes got one quite some time back. Haven’t really noticed the difference on my Electric bill since owning one and they do a really good job. I recommend it. I have an LG 8kg one.
Looking at the ratings the potential energy savings are £30-40/year. So would take 5+ years or so to get your money back based on average usage.
My Daughter has one but the only drawback is it takes ages to dry a load compared to vented dryer.
We have a Grundig one that came with a five year guarantee and my daughter has a Panasonic. Happy with both. Just be aware it may have more than just the standard door filter. We only realised after a year which explained why it was not working very well lol!
nannafish3 h, 14 m ago

My Daughter has one but the only drawback is it takes ages to dry a load …My Daughter has one but the only drawback is it takes ages to dry a load compared to vented dryer.

Yeah I read that. But I think the ability to not have a window open and a vent hanging out would somewhat make up for that. As long as we can get two loads dry per day.
hubcms2 h, 15 m ago

We have a Grundig one that came with a five year guarantee and my daughter …We have a Grundig one that came with a five year guarantee and my daughter has a Panasonic. Happy with both. Just be aware it may have more than just the standard door filter. We only realised after a year which explained why it was not working very well lol!

Good to know. I had wondered where all the excess fluff went. On the vented I have it travels up the vent pipe and makes a right mess. As well as the filter that is prone to popping out. The very thing that has just caused the belt to snap on it.
With regards to belt snapping this is most likely to happen if you dryer is in the cold and a heavy load is in the drum as the belt sticks to the drum while the belt drive wheel burns through the belt.
Clean filter and before it was cleaned.
32549243-g8a40.jpg32549243-NTE3V.jpg
hubcms1 h, 49 m ago

With regards to belt snapping this is most likely to happen if you dryer …With regards to belt snapping this is most likely to happen if you dryer is in the cold and a heavy load is in the drum as the belt sticks to the drum while the belt drive wheel burns through the belt.Clean filter and before it was cleaned.[Image] [Image]

The filter came out during cycle and got jammed. Sending a a few pairs of socks down the opening and I guess extra stress on the belt. Filter had done this about 4 times in the past but usually just rattled around drum loudly. This time it opened up and got jammed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions