Heated body warmer advice

Posted 7th Dec 2022
I've just seen Martin Lewis advising a heated body warmer on morning tv instead of electric heater.
Can anyone please give any suggestions as to where to purchase and how well they work? Found lots on Amazon, but not sure which is best.
thanks
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

Categories

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I don't know which one is good. But heated gilets from amazon is something like £15. It is cheap enough to wear as normal gilet if the heating element break.
    Have you thought about hugging someone under a blanket? Great body warmer
    Is that an offer?
    i'm currently using a chinese amazon one now at my desk at home!
    i use a battery when moving in the house or connect it via usb extension cable when sat at my desk

i just bought a few more from amazon warehouse for family
    i got mine from there as (a) cheaper (b) probably easier to send back to amazon

the main problem is sizing. i've tended to go for ones where the reviews say "fits your usual size" rather than "need a size up" and the gamble that requires

eg are they designed for western size or chinese sizes

here's some i've got on my wishlist

i think a heated neck is supposed to be good. will test that one out soon as just arrived

amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…_it (edited)
    Looking at the first one, I think Berghaus would like a word with WANFEI about their logo!
    They always seemed a bit dubious to me. The amount of heat they put out is a small fraction of what your body does naturally, maybe 10-20% more.

So compared to a coat with a little more insulation then what are they achieving? It doesn't seem like they'd warm any areas of your body a normal coat won't warm and while they might be a bit thinner as they can get away with less insulation, they're also heavier and have running costs and maintenance (charging the battery every few hours).

They clearly have niches but for saving money they seem like a worse idea than a normal coat.
    Good point. I've been wearing a thick CAT body warmer in the evenings, much thicker than these. It keeps me warm (so far)- so would one of these be any better, or would I just be throwing money away on a gadget? Hard to know!
    Have had one for years and only paid £10 for it on eBay. Covered me many winters and I'm always so toasty from them. Would recommend the cheap kind as I "upgraded" and they turned out to be significantly worse (in quality control and quality in general) than the cheaper version.

Similar to this, but I don't know if it's the cheapest option out there. I bought it for around £10 as mentioned so maybe worth looking around. (edited)
    The link doesn't work unfortunately.
    Depends on what you want it for. If you need to be mobile then it can be handy, otherwise you're typically better off with an electric blanket.
    There are 2 types, expensive and well made or chinese tat that just bungs a load of small panels in. If you're trying to save money go with the cheap ones!
    Isn't this the Chinese tat you were talking about earlier?
    Well worth getting - if you remember to keep charging your powerbank!
    Or a usb extension cable if sat down for long periods!
    Go to myvipon first, and get a discount code for Amazon (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants