Heated motorcycle gloves

Posted 14th Dec 2019
I'm looking for a decent pair of heated motorcycle gloves from a decent brand. Do they even exist?

I don't want any Amazon (Chinese) ones with descriptions that look like this:

3364185-4etjW.jpg
Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
39370693-EAfRO.jpg
Biddy214/12/2019 19:27

I thought he looks more like Vin Diesel?! [Image]

Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother commenting at all (remind you of anyone? )
deeky14/12/2019 19:28

Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother …Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother commenting at all (remind you of anyone? )

I couldn’t possibly mutter their name.
Biddy214/12/2019 19:33

Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except their own.
29 Comments
Not a biker, but what about these youtube.com/wat…_jM heated and non heated discussed
esar14/12/2019 19:12

Not a biker, but what about these …Not a biker, but what about these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X69i8-wV_jM heated and non heated discussed

Cheers for that. Looks like an honest round up
39370693-EAfRO.jpg
hotmik14/12/2019 19:17

[Image]

If I had her on the back of my bike I wouldn't need any additional heating
jimmy_the_fridge14/12/2019 19:20

Comment deleted

Do you mean Gerbing? I've seen some of those and they get decent reviews. I think they're mostly 'wired-in' ones though. Ideally I'd like battery ones. They're only for a 20-30 min commute.
my uncle got his from this website but dunno which ones!
deeky14/12/2019 19:18

If I had her on the back of my bike I wouldn't need any additional heating …If I had her on the back of my bike I wouldn't need any additional heating

I do like to keep you warm deekles
arcangel11114/12/2019 19:25

price …price limit??https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/1772

I'm looking at around £100. They're for a present
hotmik14/12/2019 19:17

[Image]

I thought he looks more like Vin Diesel?!

39370843-UeeUd.jpg

Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother commenting at all (remind you of anyone? )

deeky14/12/2019 19:28

Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother …Stay on topic please. If you can't be serious I'd rather you didn't bother commenting at all (remind you of anyone? )

I’ve often (mostly this time of year) consider getting some, but everyone I’ve ever spoken who has some says that they aren’t brilliant. The best thing is hand guards to give protection from the wind, but that’s not always possible. I’ve gone for some thin seal skin gloves, which I wear under my normal winter biking gloves. On extra cold days, I find a pair of nitrate gloves as well as seal skin and biking gloves does it, mixed in with hands on the engine when you get the chance to stop!
ktm66614/12/2019 19:45

I’ve often (mostly this time of year) consider getting some, but everyone I …I’ve often (mostly this time of year) consider getting some, but everyone I’ve ever spoken who has some says that they aren’t brilliant. The best thing is hand guards to give protection from the wind, but that’s not always possible. I’ve gone for some thin seal skin gloves, which I wear under my normal winter biking gloves. On extra cold days, I find a pair of nitrate gloves as well as seal skin and biking gloves does it, mixed in with hands on the engine when you get the chance to stop!

They're for my son on his PCX125 so he has some wind protection. Like I said, it's only 20-30 mins each way max so it's not something we really need to put a great deal of thought into, and I might even be going OTT with heated gloves. Maybe a decent quality non-heated pair would be good enough?
Evening deeky

Biddy214/12/2019 19:33

Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except their own.
ScubaDudes14/12/2019 19:53

Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except …Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except their own.

It's incredible
jimmy_the_fridge14/12/2019 20:10

Comment deleted

Ah, thanks for that. It's a shame the battery pack is optional or I might have stretched to £125. Unfortunately, the battery pack adds another £80 or so
ScubaDudes14/12/2019 19:53

Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except …Reminds me of someone who has the answer to everyone's problems except their own.

urbanrider.co.uk/bra…tml Something like this would be good, and if you are able to install heated grips too can get some budget ones quite cheap
deeky14/12/2019 19:52

They're for my son on his PCX125 so he has some wind protection. Like I …They're for my son on his PCX125 so he has some wind protection. Like I said, it's only 20-30 mins each way max so it's not something we really need to put a great deal of thought into, and I might even be going OTT with heated gloves. Maybe a decent quality non-heated pair would be good enough?

Unless he has fitted additional wind deflectors to the bars, there isn’t much protection.
Heated gloves are a bit of a gimmick in my opinion. It’s all about the layers and decent gloves. What type of gloves has he got at the moment?
As for heated grips, you could get these for sub £80, but I’ve not had much luck with them. They are better than nothing, but only warm the palms of your hands, it’s your knuckles and backs of your hands that get cold.
*Edit - to be honest, for a sub £100 budget, you’ll struggle this time of year to get even a decent pair of thermal biking gloves. If I were you, just look at a decent set of thin thermal gloves to go under his current gloves.
Edited by: "ktm666" 14th Dec 2019
ktm66614/12/2019 21:59

Unless he has fitted additional wind deflectors to the bars, there isn’t m …Unless he has fitted additional wind deflectors to the bars, there isn’t much protection. Heated gloves are a bit of a gimmick in my opinion. It’s all about the layers and decent gloves. What type of gloves has he got at the moment? As for heated grips, you could get these for sub £80, but I’ve not had much luck with them. They are better than nothing, but only warm the palms of your hands, it’s your knuckles and backs of your hands that get cold.*Edit - to be honest, for a sub £100 budget, you’ll struggle this time of year to get even a decent pair of thermal biking gloves. If I were you, just look at a decent set of thin thermal gloves to go under his current gloves.

He's got some RST (I think) ones that he got free with the scooter about a year ago. He says they're wearing out and aren't waterproof at all.

I was looking at these, any thoughts?

bennetts.co.uk/bik…iew

They get pretty good reviews and I can get them for £70.
Edited by: "deeky" 14th Dec 2019
They've got heat holding gloves at Argos,don't know if it's any good they're a tenner , I'll keep me eye out
deeky14/12/2019 22:20

He's got some RST (I think) ones that he got free with the scooter about a …He's got some RST (I think) ones that he got free with the scooter about a year ago. He says they're wearing out and aren't waterproof at all. I was looking at these, any thoughts? https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/products/motorcycle-gloves-reviews/tested-richa-arctic-waterproof-winter-motorcycle-glove-reviewThey get pretty good reviews and I can get them for £70.

Yeah, they seem reasonable. Don’t worry about the lack of a visor wipe - they are pointless. They have protection and the reviewer says they are warm and mostly water proof.
I’ve yet to find a pair of gloves that are totally waterproof.
It’s all personal choice - these seem fine, and reasonable at £70 for a mid range brand. Don’t trust sizes though, they differ from brand to brand. Either go for these or get him a voucher for your local bike shop so he can pop in and try some out for himself.
sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/33557

Decent pair owned these for years did a decent job in cold and wet weather. Combine with oxford heated grips and they’re a brilliant combination
Edited by: "discozohan" 14th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions