Groups

Heating best way to do it ?

Hi I am being told different things to keep heating down, is it cheaper to leave the heating on at a contant tempreture for 17/18 or give the house a long blast of heat when you are cold ?

11 Comments

constant temp is cheaper

bringing up to high temperature for short bursts of time is more energy intensive thus costs more

btw, what's a "bargin" and why do you hunt them/it?

Hiya, I was told by the engineer who served my boiler to keep the thermostat at a low constant temperature. Otherwise you use more energy warming it up from cold, just like your car. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me!

Banned

agreed. i keep mine @ 15

Original Poster

grex9101;3975821

constant temp is cheaperbringing up to high temperature for short bursts … constant temp is cheaperbringing up to high temperature for short bursts of time is more energy intensive thus costs morebtw, what's a "bargin" and why do you hunt them/it?

Thats so funny I didnt even notice for the last year LOL LOL Bargain :oops:

Have some rep !!!!!!!!!!!

test123;3975858

agreed. i keep mine @ 15

BRRRRRRRRRRRR I keep mine a lil higher than that!!

Banned

Mine stays at 15 minimum all day, so comes on a few times during the day when I'm out during this cold snap. Though I generally keep mine at 18 when in the house, though it gets up to 19 upstairs. One at work is set at 19/20 gets damn hot though.

barginhunter2008;3975895

Thats so funny I didnt even notice for the last year LOL LOL Bargain … Thats so funny I didnt even notice for the last year LOL LOL Bargain :oops:Have some rep !!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha, you might wanna get the mods to change it :thumbsup:

Banned

foxymissroxy;3975924

BRRRRRRRRRRRR I keep mine a lil higher than that!!

it constantly stays at 15, with bursts of 21-23 when the house needs warming up a little:-D

I must be a cold person then because ours is on at 21 all day from 7am to 10pm, then goes off over night. I HATE feeling cold and this keeps the house just nice, it is a 4 bed detached though as I think this affects what temperature it will take to keep the whole house warm. We never need our fire on at this temperature which is just as well as it's a gas fire that EATS gas like you wouldn't believe.

Epic avvy fail ITT

Banned

Annie1508;3977461

I must be a cold person then because ours is on at 21 all day from 7am to … I must be a cold person then because ours is on at 21 all day from 7am to 10pm, then goes off over night. I HATE feeling cold and this keeps the house just nice, it is a 4 bed detached though as I think this affects what temperature it will take to keep the whole house warm. We never need our fire on at this temperature which is just as well as it's a gas fire that EATS gas like you wouldn't believe.

It depends where your theormostat is located, in the coldest room or the warmest room. If we had ours in the kitchen the rest of the house would be baking. We have huge air bricks in the kitchen and living room because of Radeon gas in the area.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…23
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7211360
      3. word association Game74044557
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder22

See more discussions