Found 20th Oct 2009
What settings do everyone have in their house?

We are struggling with our new boiler!!

At the moment we have it on at 7am off at 8:30am, then on at 5pm and off at 7pm. with the room thermostat set to about 19 degrees.

The house either seems hot or cold though, not just a nice temperature

Would be interested to hear others

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

You may need thermostats on the radiators

I don't have room stats.

I haven't had the heating on since March so i can't help ya lol

Although having it on from 5-7 isn't long of an evening,it will soon get cold after the heatings gone off.

Original Poster

deb8z;6635108

Although having it on from 5-7 isn't long of an evening,it will soon get … Although having it on from 5-7 isn't long of an evening,it will soon get cold after the heatings gone off.

that's what a friend said, was trying to see the average

Unless you have kids don't bother having it on in the mornings and have it on longer in the evening.

You leave the heating on and set the thermostat to your desired tempreture, that will keep turning the boiler on and off when tempreture drops/gets high

deb8z;6635096

I don't have room stats.I haven't had the heating on since March so i … I don't have room stats.I haven't had the heating on since March so i can't help ya lol

same here & still not gone on yet as the kids have still got spare jumpers to put on :lol:

make sure the main sensor , which is normally on the temperature control is not covered, then turn down the heat to about 17 degrees and extend the time it is on, it will switch on and off durin this time as the sensor gets to the lower temperature, so it will save you money and make the heat more even

when its winter tend do have it come on in morning from 6 to 8
then on in evening from 530 to 10
temp set to 21-22

Mines on constant, water and heating..
Just use the room stat to control heating...
Turn it up to 19 degrees when in the house, then turn it down to 15-16 degrees when out or go to bed.......
Have radiator thermostats up stairs, so individually adjust those as well.

deanos;6635175

You leave the heating on and set the thermostat to your desired … You leave the heating on and set the thermostat to your desired tempreture, that will keep turning the boiler on and off when tempreture drops/gets high

A lot of arguments around the net that state the contrary - based on the fact there's little point in heating your house when you're asleep or at work.

Typically, a house should heat up properly (by that I mean the brickwork) in around 1.5 hours - so there's no need to have it on all the time burning energy.

To the OP, you can set your timer to come on later on at night as well surely, thereby having 3 occasions with it being on?

It's just a matter of getting used to it and finding out what's good for you, as everybody feels the cold differently, and there's so many differences in house construction meaning there's no set amount to have it on.

Our heating is on am......6.30 - 8.00 and pm.......330 - 8.30. No room stat just thermostats on the rads, the kids have theirs at a lower temp as their rooms get really warm. The house is lovely and warm but we have recently had a new boiler and rads throughout and we have cavity wall insulation.

We don't have heating on at all our house is soooo hot all the time, In my LO bedroom i have a temperature thing and it never gets below 27 honestly we cant work it out?? either our neighbors must have their heating on full whack all year round or our house just hold heat somehow?

Ella'sMummy;6635660

We don't have heating on at all our house is soooo hot all the time, In … We don't have heating on at all our house is soooo hot all the time, In my LO bedroom i have a temperature thing and it never gets below 27 honestly we cant work it out?? either our neighbors must have their heating on full whack all year round or our house just hold heat somehow?

Do you live on top of a volcano?

Feels like it sometimes! we have the french doors open most of the time because my guests always complain

Original Poster

Emm_appeal;6635205

make sure the main sensor , which is normally on the temperature control … make sure the main sensor , which is normally on the temperature control is not covered, then turn down the heat to about 17 degrees and extend the time it is on, it will switch on and off durin this time as the sensor gets to the lower temperature, so it will save you money and make the heat more even

on the boiler?

Thanks for all of the replies, seems i probably don't have it on long enough then!!

Have a 3 month old so like it on in the morning to take the chill off.

Think there's something wrong with the system though, the heating has been off for nearly half an hour but the boiler keeps on firing up for a few minutes, then going off for a couple of minute, then on again etc. etc. The radiators upstairs are still really hot too

:?

i leave ours on constant at 15 unless it gets cold then it gets turned up to 20 then i turn its down again it this seems to work for us

Ours comes on at 6.30 (15 mins before me and kids think about getting up but 15 mins after hubby gets up:giggle:) off at 8:30 when we leave for school....then on again at 4:30 til 9:30! Thing is, I've only just put heating on so will prob change it once I've decided what's best:)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions