Hectron ssd ?

LocalFound 14th Jul 2016
Can anyone give me some advise on Hectron ssd drives as I'm looking for a 240gb & have seen the Hectron ones on Amazon , are they any good ? What should I look out for ? Any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
AskSSD
13 Comments
Never heard of them to be honest, probably a well known company just rebranding? I go for Samsung ssds personally
Original Poster
I have seen a lot of good reviews on Amazon but I don't trust their reviews
Original Poster
westy125

Never heard of them to be honest, probably a well known company just … Never heard of them to be honest, probably a well known company just rebranding? I go for Samsung ssds personally

Samsung have a load of different types or names & quite confusing also expensive, I was hoping to find a cheap and cheerful one but hard to find
MaxRazor

Samsung have a load of different types or names & quite confusing also … Samsung have a load of different types or names & quite confusing also expensive, I was hoping to find a cheap and cheerful one but hard to find

Not very cheerful if your "cheap" SSD spits its dummy ! How valuable is the stuff that's on your HD to you ? Is it worth saving a few quid ?
rogparki

Not very cheerful if your "cheap" SSD spits its dummy ! How valuable is … Not very cheerful if your "cheap" SSD spits its dummy ! How valuable is the stuff that's on your HD to you ? Is it worth saving a few quid ?

I'm only going to save operating system and video editing software on it , as for anything I edit will be saved on hdd, which Samsung would you recommend?
Nah, Samsung are very overpriced these days. There are plenty of major companies offering drives much cheaper.

I bought a Hynix SL301 a few months ago and a quick check on Amazon shows that's still among the cheaper drives. Hynix are a big company, they make the flash memory inside a lot of SSDs.

The Hectron ones will probably be fine and use standard controllers and flash but don't expect anything like after sales support from them. If the design is shown to have any problems, like Samsung's 840 Evo did, then don't expect to get a fix for it.

Read this - it seems to equate Hectron to SanDisk in terms of quality.
SSDs
EndlessWaves

Nah, Samsung are very overpriced these days. There are plenty of major … Nah, Samsung are very overpriced these days. There are plenty of major companies offering drives much cheaper.I bought a Hynix SL301 a few months ago and a quick check on Amazon shows that's still among the cheaper drives. Hynix are a big company, they make the flash memory inside a lot of SSDs. The Hectron ones will probably be fine and use standard controllers and flash but don't expect anything like after sales support from them. If the design is shown to have any problems, like Samsung's 840 Evo did, then don't expect to get a fix for it.

​No I agree, ssd drives have come along way from the original ocz ones I had that kept failing, the name isn't always important
Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys, going to try the Hectron x1 , the Hynix is same price as Samsung but has good reviews too, but because I'm on a budget I'm going for hectron.
Hey #MaxRazor have you tried hectron x1 ? how does it work?
Edited by: "biGmazi" 6th Aug 2016
antomac1001

Read this - it seems to equate Hectron to SanDisk in terms of quality.SSDs

I think you've just fallen for some astroturfing. It's a tiny bit suspicious that the guy behind that article signed up just to write it, and has never posted anything since.
Original Poster
biGmazi

Hey #MaxRazor have you tried hectron x1 ? how does it work?

Works fine mate , had it for a few weeks and thrown all I got at it & so far so good, they are like any other ssd, very fast lol
dxx

I think you've just fallen for some astroturfing. It's a tiny bit … I think you've just fallen for some astroturfing. It's a tiny bit suspicious that the guy behind that article signed up just to write it, and has never posted anything since.

quite...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants