Found 20th Apr 2009
Quick can someone help me, I was just painting my toenails and I have spilt red nail varnish on my beige sofa

I have no nail varnish remover or white spirit and the kids are in bed so I can't go and get anything

what will get it out?

Help :-(

33 Comments

Dunno, try rubbing salt over it to absorb it.

All i know is nail varnish remover...sorry!

I think you may have to wait until tomorrow Probably best to leave it be rather than make it worse.

Go out tomorrow and get:

Usual nail varnish remover
Acetone from chemists
Stain removers etc.

vodka. make up removing wipes.

Found this:

cleaning.lifetips.com/faq…tml

Really is best to leave it, until you can get the right stuff :thumbsup:

shanecr;4982788

Any spirit will work. Also vinegar - perhaps.

Original Poster

I don't know whether i dare wait, I can't even turn the cushions over

I have vodka, salt and baby wipes so will try those

Stupid sunshine, I wouldn't have done them if it wasn't summery weather :x

whatever you use do a patch test on the back of the sofa first incase it ruins your sofa x

ilovepink;4982842

whatever you use do a patch test on the back of the sofa first incase it … whatever you use do a patch test on the back of the sofa first incase it ruins your sofa x

Good idea

ilovepink;4982842

whatever you use do a patch test on the back of the sofa first incase it … whatever you use do a patch test on the back of the sofa first incase it ruins your sofa x

TBH it has nail varnish all over it :P don't think its that bigger deal :P

just paint the rest of the sofa with the nail varnish.

(my way of saying, dunno sorry! lol)

ChipSticks;4982996

just paint the rest of the sofa with the nail varnish.

lol

shanecr;4982788

Because you might cry and you might as well get drunk?

Surely the kids being in bed is a side issue right now! Wake em up to help ya scrub!

fireheaven;

I have spilt red nail varnish on my beige sofa what will get it out?

2 big fellas :?

fireheaven;4982832

Stupid sunshine, I wouldn't have done them if it wasn't summery weather :x

ha , stupid mares blame everything but themselves :roll:

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, with a mixture of salt, vinegar, vodka, hairspray, water and baby wipes it looks to have pretty much gone but need to wait to til it dries

If all else fails I will have to sit on it if anyone ever comes round

Repped you all and some comments made me laugh, Jed I would rather have the red stain than that pukey throw but thanks all the same :thumbsup:

Edit - run out when I got you Owlass, will do you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Banned

has it got removable covers?

Original Poster

sassie;4983432

has it got removable covers?

Yeah they are removable but one sided so I can't turn them over - I have taken it off and scrubed it with various things so will keep my fingers crossed while it dries

Banned

if it looks like its been removed i would now chuck it in washer

Original Poster

sassie;4983493

if it looks like its been removed i would now chuck it in washer

The care instructions say do not wash professional clean only but I don't suppose it will do any harm

it will probably stink anyway with the weird mixture of stuff I have put on it

Banned

fireheaven;4983536

The care instructions say do not wash professional clean only but I don't … The care instructions say do not wash professional clean only but I don't suppose it will do any harmit will probably stink anyway with the weird mixture of stuff I have put on it

mine said that too, used to wash mine all the time and tumble dry, although it was a pain in the butt getting back on

Predikuesi;4982818

Any spirit will work. Also vinegar - perhaps.

if your saying vinegar maybe orange juice would be better? like from a real orange thats acidic too and smells better?

Original Poster

sassie;4983547

mine said that too, used to wash mine all the time and tumble dry, … mine said that too, used to wash mine all the time and tumble dry, although it was a pain in the butt getting back on

Yeah that is what I was worried about, it shrinking and me not getting it back on

Its in the machine now on a delicate wash so I will wait and see

Banned

Did you pay extra for that protective layer they encourage you to buy? we got ours done with it and is covered for 5 years or something. We just give them a buzz and they come and clean our sofa's for nothing.

Banned

OMG hope its ok, and dont blame me if it aint :w00t:

Original Poster

lumoruk;4983574

Did you pay extra for that protective layer they encourage you to buy? we … Did you pay extra for that protective layer they encourage you to buy? we got ours done with it and is covered for 5 years or something. We just give them a buzz and they come and clean our sofa's for nothing.

Nope unfortunately, its one from Argos as I was desperate for quick delivery as I had nothing to sit on when I moved in

Original Poster

sassie;4983582

OMG hope its ok, and dont blame me if it aint :w00t:

Ha ha ha - I know where you live and I will come looking with a bucket of red nail varnish if it goes wrong. Remember Carrie :giggle:

Only joking, it can't do much harm on a delicate wash and I won't tumble dry just in case

Banned

well your welcome yo do that, got naff all here worth chucking it over, off carpet and suite shopping thursday, and im dreading it, to be honest im sick of looking for a suite, een looking for a year now

Original Poster

sassie;4983639

well your welcome yo do that, got naff all here worth chucking it over, … well your welcome yo do that, got naff all here worth chucking it over, off carpet and suite shopping thursday, and im dreading it, to be honest im sick of looking for a suite, een looking for a year now

Yep I don't blame you, there is nothing worse. Whatever you do stay away from DFS, cheap crap at inflated prices. My ex used to do work for them and the quality control was shocking

Banned

take pictures please I can see a pink sofa cover coming out of the wash :lol: sorry

Banned

fireheaven;4983662

Yep I don't blame you, there is nothing worse. Whatever you do stay away … Yep I don't blame you, there is nothing worse. Whatever you do stay away from DFS, cheap crap at inflated prices. My ex used to do work for them and the quality control was shocking

i think there all the same hun, hence why im still looking

Original Poster

lumoruk;4983667

take pictures please I can see a pink sofa cover coming out of the wash … take pictures please I can see a pink sofa cover coming out of the wash :lol: sorry

Shhhuuush you - though there is a plus side to that, my son's will never want to sit on it if its pink so I can spread out at my leisure
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    2. Add one, leave one game54415416
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions