Found 20th Sep 2009
Just deleted ALLLLL of my music from recycle bin SOMEHOW?!?!

Any freeware/ways of retrieving those deleted files!! Pleasseeeeeeeee...

19 Comments

why was it in recycle bin in the first place lol?

t0mm;6339577

lol +1

Original Poster

t0mm;6339577

Well I was cleaning up my files, and there was LOADDDDSS of music in there. And I emptied it. And I think somehow the whole folder might have ended up in there. and. its late. ah. my head hurts.

Original Poster

danny09;6339581

lol +1

this isnt a laughin matter!! need helpppppppppp

how did you manage to that :w00t:

try searching download.cnet.com/win…ws/
they will probably have something :thumbsup:

Issue One;6339587

this isnt a laughin matter!! need helpppppppppp

i was laughin at toms comment mate, dw, i know how you feel lol i have done it once before, but i was lucky i kept it backed up lol

I bet you couldn't help yourself - you just had to press the empty bin button to see what would happen...D'oh!

System Restore!

I agree with bigflump try cnet; there should be some sort of recovery software on there.

Original Poster

Oh my. people think I kept it in the recycle bin. I was cleaning files. and I believe somehow the whole folder must have ended up in there.

Yes my back up system isnt in place yet.

GetDataBack is quite a good programe. not sure what others think

I'm not laughing; ive recently wiped about 100 games off a ds memory card by formatting it, in a really rubbish £25 digital camera from asda. ps dont bother buying the 5.5 mega pixel vitavar camera. its absolutely pants, unless you want to use it as a sort of disposable camera for a holiday etc.

0) pray
1) dont write anything else to the drive! hard disk where the music was!
2) download a free program called recuvva ]http//ww…om/
3) try that to undelete
4) if that doesn't work... I always use getdataback (kiara99 mentioned this program earlier)
5) good luck!

Sorry I thought System restore took everything back to an image before the delete so would include the files, my mistake.

5nowman;6339758

0) pray1) dont write anything else to the drive! hard disk where the … 0) pray1) dont write anything else to the drive! hard disk where the music was!2) download a free program called recuvva http://www.recuva.com/3) try that to undelete4) if that doesn't work... I always use getdataback (kiara99 mentioned this program earlier)5) good luck!

Good advice.. have some rep fella :thumbsup:

kiara99;6339776

Sorry I thought System restore took everything back to an image before … Sorry I thought System restore took everything back to an image before the delete so would include the files, my mistake.

System restore only replaces important Windows system files, it does not save or back up any personal files.

It is fairly obvious if you think about it.

If you had 500Gb of movies it could hardly back them all up so they could be recovered, after all where would it store them !!!

Banned

As long as you've not written over the files space that contained your original files then you should have no problems getting your data back. I've never had an issue getting files off other people's hard drives in the case of accidental deletion.

bigflump;6339781

Good advice.. have some rep fella :thumbsup:

ty
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3278
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769366
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions