Groups

Helium Balloons

Hi

I want to buy a helium filled balloon for someones birthday, does anyone know how it costs to buy this from a shop, I have looked online and for one Happy Birthday foil balloon it is about £10-£15 would this be the same instore?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

21 Comments

about £2.50 in a card shop

asda do them, you take ballon to cs desk and they inflate it, included in the price, 2.50 - 3 ish. Comes with ribbon and weight

I think they do them at clinton's cards, my gf got her brother a Happy 18th baloon last year and it was from a shop not online

Original Poster

michelleleemoo;6065651

asda do them, you take ballon to cs desk and they inflate it, included in … asda do them, you take ballon to cs desk and they inflate it, included in the price, 2.50 - 3 ish. Comes with ribbon and weight

queenlush;6065608

about £2.50 in a card shop

:w00t: I cant believe the price difference, so glad I asked on here first otherwise I would have paid quite a lot more!

Thanks for the replies!! So I can just go into a store no need to book or anything like? By the way do you know whether all asda do this or just certain ones?

Thanks for the help!

Clinton Cards
    i was surprised they were really cheap!
    you can pre-order by going in the shop first look at what you want and book for another day/time to pick up. i had to - no car ... and had to organise friend to help drive a whole load of balloons!

Costco, had a Helium balloon kit in yesterday, cant remember how many it held, think it was 50 ballons, and was something like £15 ex vat, but dont hold me to that.

brillangel;6065675

:w00t: I cant believe the price difference, so glad I asked on here first … :w00t: I cant believe the price difference, so glad I asked on here first otherwise I would have paid quite a lot more! Thanks for the replies!! So I can just go into a store no need to book or anything like? By the way do you know whether all asda do this or just certain ones?Thanks for the help!

ring first but most of the ones ive been in do them, they are just flat on a whirly thingy near the cards. i found out the hard way too and i do parties pretty regular so when i found these i saved myself a bundle on outgoings :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DKLS;6065720

Costco, had a Helium balloon kit in yesterday, cant remember how many it … Costco, had a Helium balloon kit in yesterday, cant remember how many it held, think it was 50 ballons, and was something like £15 ex vat, but dont hold me to that.

they are ok but they are latex balloons not foil, you have to piddle round tieing the ribbon on, they do not come with weights (and i can tell you unless you buy in bulk they can work out pretty expensive) Like I said i do parties and would defo say the Asda/card shop route is the best :thumbsup:

I recently ordered some from Clintons. I just rang up to book as I wanted quite a few. But you only need to give stores a few hours notice really to have someone fill the balloons if it's a big order.

I paid £2.99 for some plain foil balloons and £4.99 for a giant Bear balloon, which they filled up whilst I was in the store as they were all a last minute addition to the bouquet of balloons I'd ordered. 2 lots of 5 balloons (white and gold) with a weight on each. £5 per bunch latex balloons (but they don't last as long as foil, only about 24-36 hours)

So if you've the time, you can ring up and order or just pop into your local Clintons and see what they can do then and there.

oh and no pre-order in asda

£10 -£15 seems really steep, maybe they were bigger balloons

Original Poster

rwm24;6065661

I think they do them at clinton's cards, my gf got her brother a Happy … I think they do them at clinton's cards, my gf got her brother a Happy 18th baloon last year and it was from a shop not online

kippy;6065679

Clinton Cardsi was surprised they were really cheap! you can pre-order by … Clinton Cardsi was surprised they were really cheap! you can pre-order by going in the shop first look at what you want and book for another day/time to pick up. i had to - no car ... and had to organise friend to help drive a whole load of balloons!

berni888;6065775

I recently ordered some from Clintons. I just rang up to book as I … I recently ordered some from Clintons. I just rang up to book as I wanted quite a few. But you only need to give stores a few hours notice really to have someone fill the balloons if it's a big order.I paid £2.99 for some plain foil balloons and £4.99 for a giant Bear balloon, which they filled up whilst I was in the store as they were all a last minute addition to the bouquet of balloons I'd ordered. 2 lots of 5 balloons (white and gold) with a weight on each. £5 per bunch latex balloons (but they don't last as long as foil, only about 24-36 hours)So if you've the time, you can ring up and order or just pop into your local Clintons and see what they can do then and there.

My first thought was to go to Clintons too, so I had a quick look online and it was £15 online but I guess that is probably going to be because they need to package it etc....

Original Poster

DKLS;6065720

Costco, had a Helium balloon kit in yesterday, cant remember how many it … Costco, had a Helium balloon kit in yesterday, cant remember how many it held, think it was 50 ballons, and was something like £15 ex vat, but dont hold me to that.

michelleleemoo;6065768

ring first but most of the ones ive been in do them, they are just flat … ring first but most of the ones ive been in do them, they are just flat on a whirly thingy near the cards. i found out the hard way too and i do parties pretty regular so when i found these i saved myself a bundle on outgoings :thumbsup::thumbsup:they are ok but they are latex balloons not foil, you have to piddle round tieing the ribbon on, they do not come with weights (and i can tell you unless you buy in bulk they can work out pretty expensive) Like I said i do parties and would defo say the Asda/card shop route is the best :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies. I didnt know Costco do a kit but I think I only need one and I dont have a membership for Costco, so I guess Asda would be a better alternative!

michelleleemoo;6065768

they are ok but they are latex balloons not foil, you have to piddle … they are ok but they are latex balloons not foil, you have to piddle round tieing the ribbon on, they do not come with weights (and i can tell you unless you buy in bulk they can work out pretty expensive) Like I said i do parties and would defo say the Asda/card shop route is the best :thumbsup:

No worries just a suggestion, I havent been near a balloon since a psychology experiment in 1992!

Original Poster

queenlush;6065792

£10 -£15 seems really steep, maybe they were bigger balloons

I thought that too, not too sure about the size of the balloon though, scrolled through Clintons and they were all £15 on the first couple of pages!! But just assumed that because they need to package and delivery it! just seeme a bit easier to do it online and thought that if the prices were similar then I would stick with doing it online but I guess it will be cheap instore!

Original Poster

DKLS;6065834

No worries just a suggestion, I havent been near a balloon since a … No worries just a suggestion, I havent been near a balloon since a psychology experiment in 1992!

Sounds interesting!!! Did the experiment put you off balloons?

Original Poster

Thank you guys for the all quick replies I think I will have a look instore as that seems to be the better option! Have left rep for you all!! Thanks soooo much x

brillangel;6065841

I thought that too, not too sure about the size of the balloon though, … I thought that too, not too sure about the size of the balloon though, scrolled through Clintons and they were all £15 on the first couple of pages!! But just assumed that because they need to package and delivery it! just seeme a bit easier to do it online and thought that if the prices were similar then I would stick with doing it online but I guess it will be cheap instore!

Just had a look and they are the same size, i think you are paying extra for a fancy box and a bit of tissue paper, a girl at work had one delivered to her and by the time it got here it was half deflated anyway.

Do you have a Matalan near you?
    They do an excellent choice of all different styles of balloons and they also helium them up for you!
    I bought 4 different balloons, all filled, including a walking dog, which was very cool, and 3 weights for £15.00.
    Might be worth checking out if you have one near you

I don't know if this is the cheapest, but you can buy balloons and helium from ]here

Original Poster

queenlush;6065905

Just had a look and they are the same size, i think you are paying extra … Just had a look and they are the same size, i think you are paying extra for a fancy box and a bit of tissue paper, a girl at work had one delivered to her and by the time it got here it was half deflated anyway.

I thought so too after reading peoples replies, the thought never crossed my mind that the balloon will more than likely be deflated! Thats a good point will def buy from a store then!! thanks!

Original Poster

Spooki;6065966

Do you have a Matalan near you?They do an excellent choice of all … Do you have a Matalan near you?They do an excellent choice of all different styles of balloons and they also helium them up for you!I bought 4 different balloons, all filled, including a walking dog, which was very cool, and 3 weights for £15.00. Might be worth checking out if you have one near you

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know Matalan does them too!! Will have a look after work!!! thanks!!!

tregs;6066086

I don't know if this is the cheapest, but you can buy balloons and helium … I don't know if this is the cheapest, but you can buy balloons and helium from ]here

Thanks for the reply. I had a look on the website, the prices seem quite cheap but it comes deflated and need to buy the helium gas seperate so I think going to shop a get it done might be a better option but thank you for your reply!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating44
      2. word association Game72844178
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30114
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30400

See more discussions