Groups

hellllllllpppp.. my iPhone 3gs .. ARGHHHHH

Can any of you helpful HUKD peeps help me with my iPhone 3gs.
    Its asking me to connect to iTunes which I have done.. but then it asks me to enter my passcode but it wont let me enter it on my phone? Anyone got any ideas? Its not letting me do anything? Why has it done this???

28 Comments

have you tried restarting it incase it's just having a moment??

Original Poster

nefertiti6969;8383430

have you tried restarting it incase it's just having a moment??

Yes i have but its still asking me to connect to iTunes :x

Is it jailbroken?

Original Poster

nefertiti6969;8383481

Is it jailbroken?

no it's totally standard...its sooo frustrating

Hey there, have you done a force reboot/reset?

Press and hold the lock button, and the home button for 10 seconds. See if that does anything?

Original Poster

aircanman;8383504

Hey there, have you done a force reboot/reset? Press and hold the lock … Hey there, have you done a force reboot/reset? Press and hold the lock button, and the home button for 10 seconds. See if that does anything?

Hi.. thanks for your help .. I've tried the reboot trick and the apple logo comes up then it tells me to connect to iTunes again.. Im pulling my hair out here

aircanman;8383504

Hey there, have you done a force reboot/reset? Press and hold the lock … Hey there, have you done a force reboot/reset? Press and hold the lock button, and the home button for 10 seconds. See if that does anything?

hard reset as above and it should work, post results

are you the original owner, and has this just happended?

forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb…php

try this website and it should help

obviously use the iphone site within the page

Original Poster

bikerjodie;8383554

hard reset as above and it should work, post resultsare you the original … hard reset as above and it should work, post resultsare you the original owner, and has this just happended?

hiya... yes im the original owner and this is the first time its happened.. its totally standard from the box and not messed about with.. ie jailbroken

have you tried anything else with the phone?
    What happened for the phone to act like this? is there anything that you thinks relevant?

when connected to itunes then, can you reset? this should fix your problem if you havent jailbroken your phone

Original Poster

bikerjodie;8383592

have you tried anything else with the phone?What happened for the phone … have you tried anything else with the phone?What happened for the phone to act like this? is there anything that you thinks relevant?

no nothing at all... it was working ok... then it just said you cannot make calls...connect to iTunes?? This is baffling..

Original Poster

bikerjodie;8383601

when connected to itunes then, can you reset? this should fix your … when connected to itunes then, can you reset? this should fix your problem if you havent jailbroken your phone

no its asking me to put my passcode in but theres noway i can do it on my phone

faulty? can you try another usb cable?

it would seem that the phones in DFU mode, put this into the forum link that i've posted and have a read there, this should help you fix your phone but don't worry it should be something simple. Do try to restart your pc/ laptop and your iphone then try to reset both again

If you haven't jailbroken your phone then if it comes to it, you can easily take your phone to apple and have them fix it for you.

Are you sure the phone hasn't Been IMEI blocked? As I got a MSG on my samsung omnia saying that I can't make calls or something and it turned out to be imei barred

Original Poster

daBluone;8383630

faulty? can you try another usb cable?

yes... ive tried 2 cables and still the same.. :x

Original Poster

ganga;8383659

Are you sure the phone hasn't Been IMEI blocked? As I got a MSG on my … Are you sure the phone hasn't Been IMEI blocked? As I got a MSG on my samsung omnia saying that I can't make calls or something and it turned out to be imei barred

arrrr ... theres a small i in the corner...ive just pressed it and the imei says not known and iccid says not known as well... whats this mean??

switch it off, take out the sim, leave it for 1 min and then put the sim back in and switch it on, see if this helps, if not, go into settings, switch on airplane mode then switch off airplane mode, this should reset it

Original Poster

By the way peeps... thanks all of you for your help... im A TOTAL technophobe so i do appreciate your help

Original Poster

bikerjodie;8383720

switch it off, take out the sim, leave it for 1 min and then put the sim … switch it off, take out the sim, leave it for 1 min and then put the sim back in and switch it on, see if this helps, if not, go into settings, switch on airplane mode then switch off airplane mode, this should reset it

the phone wont let me access anything.. it just says connect to iTunes??

try downloading ziphone on your pc, connect the phone and run ziphone goto the advanced features section and in the change mode section click on normal mode it should take your phone from recovery mode and reboot it into normal mode

Original Poster

wolf359;8383890

try downloading ziphone on your pc, connect the phone and run ziphone … try downloading ziphone on your pc, connect the phone and run ziphone goto the advanced features section and in the change mode section click on normal mode it should take your phone from recovery mode and reboot it into normal mode

hi.. will doing this make my warranty invalid do you know?

no it won't , ziphone was used to jailbreak but it can also be used to just change modes when they get stuck in recovery mode. as long as you don't jailbreak it the warranty will be intact

To be honest I wouldnt mess around with any unlocking stuff etc. I have had this on one of my phones, it is stuck on Connect to iTunes, I had to send it back. May I recommend Apple Service. Ring them up, they will send you a package next day, you send the phone off, you will have a new one within 2 days. They are awesome. Not worth messing about with to be honest!

Original Poster

aircanman;8384137

To be honest I wouldnt mess around with any unlocking stuff etc. I have … To be honest I wouldnt mess around with any unlocking stuff etc. I have had this on one of my phones, it is stuck on Connect to iTunes, I had to send it back. May I recommend Apple Service. Ring them up, they will send you a package next day, you send the phone off, you will have a new one within 2 days. They are awesome. Not worth messing about with to be honest!

ok...i was a bit reluctant to do the ziphone as i wouldnt have a clue what to do.. i'll get in contact with Apple... REP all round... Thanks everyone

Original Poster

Just an update to all the kind peeps that tried to help me.. I returned the iPhone to the Apple store in Southampton this morning and they said the software was corrupt.. ie ******ed.. and that they couldn't do anything or restore the settings soooo... I now have a BRAND NEW spankers phone.. YIPPEEEEE
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767241
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927352
      3. Nectar launch eGift card redemption for selected brands including Currys, A…67
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710946

See more discussions