Hello Fresh

Found 2nd Jun
Has anyone on here tried these recipe boxes? They sound quick and reasonably priced and I'm very tempted to give them a try. 50% off your first two boxes if you order today.

hellofresh.co.uk/pla…rue
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Probably a good way for someone to learn new ideas for recipes.
We did it purely to see what it was like on the sign up offer. It was dreadful. The box (supposedly coming refrigerated) came in a standard parcel with some water bags which had been frozen and thawed. Unfortunately whoever delivered it left it on the doorstep in full sun and the "refrigerated" contents baked. It was disgusting.

That aside, the other bits and pieces weren't that good. I do recall a piece of ginger which literally was the skin only and no actual ginger. They try to portion things to suit the recipe but evidently the quality control on garlic/ginger/fresh herbs wasn't that great.

Hopefully you have a better experience.
Edited by: "windym" 2nd Jun
Yes. I used them for several months, great way to improve your culinary skills. Very well written inx and excellent ingredients.
It seems a better idea to me than trying to get cooked food delivered and the contents still being hot when they arrive. But kind of defeats the object if they just leave chilled food on the doorstep, maybe I'll think again.
jaketheplumber47 m ago

It seems a better idea to me than trying to get cooked food delivered and …It seems a better idea to me than trying to get cooked food delivered and the contents still being hot when they arrive. But kind of defeats the object if they just leave chilled food on the doorstep, maybe I'll think again.

I had over 30 deliveries without a hitch, chilled and wrapped immaculately. Would recommend em.
Not cheap if you get them outside the offers. Contents of the box is normally valued at about half the cost of the box.

If can just get the recipes on their site and buy the ingredients yourself.
windym2 h, 51 m ago

We did it purely to see what it was like on the sign up offer. It was …We did it purely to see what it was like on the sign up offer. It was dreadful. The box (supposedly coming refrigerated) came in a standard parcel with some water bags which had been frozen and thawed. Unfortunately whoever delivered it left it on the doorstep in full sun and the "refrigerated" contents baked. It was disgusting.That aside, the other bits and pieces weren't that good. I do recall a piece of ginger which literally was the skin only and no actual ginger. They try to portion things to suit the recipe but evidently the quality control on garlic/ginger/fresh herbs wasn't that great. Hopefully you have a better experience.

The same problem here. I wouldn't order it again in a hot weather.
jaketheplumber7 h, 37 m ago

It seems a better idea to me than trying to get cooked food delivered and …It seems a better idea to me than trying to get cooked food delivered and the contents still being hot when they arrive. But kind of defeats the object if they just leave chilled food on the doorstep, maybe I'll think again.

They had a bad experience, I have used them... they were good. Would not pay full price though.
I have used them many times and they are very nice
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions