Hello from a new Aussie import

Found 23rd JulEdited by:"smellytaco"
Hi everyone!

Can't believe it too me so long, but I have finally found this site! Wife and I moved here about nine months ago from Australia to work and travel. I'm a regular lurker on OzBargain back home but haven't been able to find my fix in the UK until now (goodbye any last semblance of productivity). What do I need to know about the community here? What are the Eneloops of the hotukdeals community? What memes do I need to catch up on? What deals should I already know about but because I'm an idiot still don't?

EDIT: Wow 'morning everyone. Was not expecting this thread to get as much traction as it did. Thanks for the tips, gifs and welcomes. I'll do my best to find and post good deals and contribute to this awesome community

ST
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
myusernamehasgone23423rd Jul

..... they’ll always been someone come along and nip pick at any tiny d …..... they’ll always been someone come along and nip pick at any tiny detail just for the sale of it. These are usually people who have never bothered to post deals.It does get a bit tiresome sadly

I don't mean to nitpick at your 'nip pick', but it is nitpick, not 'nip pick'. Please forgive me.

Creatishh23rd Jul

Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what …Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what your saying, little men syndrome.. makes them feel big

34465541-fR7tF.jpg
trolling abounds particularly from people setting up additional accounts with a fabricated cover story.
Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what your saying, little men syndrome.. makes them feel big
50 Comments
Welcome
Hello and welcome to HUKD!

There are quite a few deals that are well known, you'll be hearing quite a lot about HUKD 'students' who sign up to a cheap online course to get a NUS extra card, giving access to Amazon Student Prime.

You'll also hear regularly about Wuntu (Three Mobile rewards app) which you can access by ordering a free SIM card.

There are many more, but nothing that springs to mind immediately. If you have any questions or need any help around the site, I'm happy to help
Edited by: "jamie015" 23rd Jul
Welcome (highfive).
Yay, about time, glad you made it, made it. Great job!
G'day mate! Eneloops are well regarded here too
MEERKAT MOVIES !! (1 year of weekly 2for1 cinema tickets when you buy anything through comparethemarket.com [~£1/£2] )
What do you miss from Oz?
Glad you've found a replacement for your bargain hunting , quite a friendly bunch in the main here . Get started on posting your deals , cause you don't want to miss out on deekys Christmas competition!Oh and be prepared to down tools at work in December if you are coming along for the flamedeer catching .
Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what your saying, little men syndrome.. makes them feel big
Pretty much everything above covers what you need to know. One thing I will add though, is that it’s good to give what you take (so posting deals when you’ve been able to use one). It just offers you a backup (as such) if you criticise a deal and don’t have any posted yourself, as some people will argue back with that.

Also, when you post a deal make sure it’s not already posted or there’s a similar one that’s cheaper/better. Chances are that if there is, your deal will go cold.
Edited by: "Mechtup" 23rd Jul
trolling abounds particularly from people setting up additional accounts with a fabricated cover story.
Hello and welcome! At least you have some resemblance to Aussie weather to ease your transition too!
34464843-zPTdR.jpg
Welcome abroad
We push the boat out to help people here.
.MUFC.10 m ago

Welcome abroad

Not sure if you are intentional.
davewave1 h, 42 m ago

What do you miss from Oz?

Being down under and Skippy
Edited by: "summerof76" 23rd Jul
splender7 m ago

Splendid, how do you be so fascinating brah?
Predikuesi23 m ago

[Image]

Have your kippers gone off
Welcome to HUKD, a good bean deal goes down well around these parts.
davewave6 m ago

Splendid, how do you be so fascinating brah?

I am still learning and absorbing new skills and knowledge. I learnt a lot here over the years.
splender5 m ago

I am still learning and absorbing new skills and knowledge. I learnt a …I am still learning and absorbing new skills and knowledge. I learnt a lot here over the years.

Mazel Tov
davewave51 m ago

trolling abounds particularly from people setting up additional accounts …trolling abounds particularly from people setting up additional accounts with a fabricated cover story.

You may have struck lucky, I have a hunch he might be the likes of @professorEX
davewave5 m ago

Mazel Tov

That's new knowledge too.
Hello and welcome

One tip is that the assassins creed unity Xbox 1 for 99p from cdkeys will go cold as it’s been posted heaps before and been as little as 0.49p

hotukdeals.com/dea…495
splender34 m ago

It was international.
Oh and no matter how good a deal or freebie you post they’ll always been someone come along and nip pick at any tiny detail just for the sale of it. These are usually people who have never bothered to post deals.

It does get a bit tiresome sadly
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 23rd Jul
Creatishh23rd Jul

Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what …Don't put any spelling mistakes, people will pretend they don't know what your saying, little men syndrome.. makes them feel big

Don't make any attempt to differentiate between "your" and "you're".
A lot of users are intellectually challenged and have difficulty with proper usage.
myusernamehasgone23423rd Jul

..... they’ll always been someone come along and nip pick at any tiny d …..... they’ll always been someone come along and nip pick at any tiny detail just for the sale of it. These are usually people who have never bothered to post deals.It does get a bit tiresome sadly

I don't mean to nitpick at your 'nip pick', but it is nitpick, not 'nip pick'. Please forgive me.

Creatishh23rd Jul

34465541-fR7tF.jpg
summerof7644 m ago

Have your kippers gone off

Yes, but I remembered to stand well back after lighting the blue touch paper.
Saturn1 m ago

I don't mean to nitpick at your 'nip pick', but it is nitpick, not 'nip …I don't mean to nitpick at your 'nip pick', but it is nitpick, not 'nip pick'. Please forgive me. [Image]

34466179-4S25k.jpg
Sign up for Topcashback and Quidco(if you haven't) it will be worth your while despite the endless abuse they get
I can't recommend checkoutsmart(shopping app) enough others are available.
Wongy11032 m ago

[Image] Sign up for Topcashback and Quidco(if you haven't) it will be …[Image] Sign up for Topcashback and Quidco(if you haven't) it will be worth your while despite the endless abuse they getI can't recommend checkoutsmart(shopping app) enough others are available.

Shopmium are great, been using them for a few years now - great customer service and there is no need to cash out as they pay you the full money by PayPal within a couple of days of scanning the item/submitting the receipt.
jamie0154 m ago

Shopmium are great, been using them for a few years now - great customer …Shopmium are great, been using them for a few years now - great customer service and there is no need to cash out as they pay you the full money by PayPal within a couple of days of scanning the item/submitting the receipt.

no problem here just the offers are a bit thin and they are banned on here
Green jinn are a good one to have on your device as well
Wongy1101 m ago

no problem here just the offers are a bit thin and they are banned on …no problem here just the offers are a bit thin and they are banned on hereGreen jinn are a good one to have on your device as well

Shopmium are banned? Why?

I had GreenJinn a few months back but offers were very limited, now I heard they've introduced Tesco I might reinstall it.
jamie0154 m ago

Shopmium are banned? Why?I had GreenJinn a few months back but offers were …Shopmium are banned? Why?I had GreenJinn a few months back but offers were very limited, now I heard they've introduced Tesco I might reinstall it.

yeah a bit thin there as well
Surprised you can even quote the name so maybe it has changed
Something to do with the referrals I think
Wongy1101 m ago

yeah a bit thin there as wellSurprised you can even quote the name so …yeah a bit thin there as wellSurprised you can even quote the name so maybe it has changedSomething to do with the referrals I think

It usually says it's banned only when you put the URL in. Let's see if it works...

shopmium.com
jamie0151 m ago

It usually says it's banned only when you put the URL in. Let's see if it …It usually says it's banned only when you put the URL in. Let's see if it works...shopmium.com

Odd, it worked the first time but now when I go to edit the comment it says it is banned!
jamie0153 m ago

It usually says it's banned only when you put the URL in. Let's see if it …It usually says it's banned only when you put the URL in. Let's see if it works...shopmium.com

had the word removed from pm 's in the past
splender2 h, 26 m ago

That's new knowledge too.

How do you mean, sounds creepy Splender!?
If you're after a SIM card, you can get a Three Rewards Data SIM which gets 200MB per month, and has 3-2-1 rates (3p/min, 2p/text, 1p/MB)
Edited by: "jco83" 23rd Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants