Expired

Hello, I found a small green spider in my raspberries from tesco.

Found 1st Jun 2014
I bought a punnet of raspberries from tesco last night and when I got them home , I opened them and found a small green spider in them . It was alive !
I was quite disgusted obviously and when I contacted tesco they just said to take it back so they can investigate it .
Any advice on what else I can do please
Thanks
Community Updates
49 Comments
I want a spider as well!
Edited by: "IamMT" 1st Jun 2014
" Consi Taylor from London had a shock this week when she peeled open a banana from Sainsbury's - and a number of small lethal spiders climbed out."

Think yourself lucky?

Sadly insects do survive the pesticides when being prepared for shipping.

My Dad many years ago when working markets found an alive snake in a box of bananas
Why were you disgusted?
Let all boycott Tesco forever. A small green spider, for Christ's sake.
Another compensation hunter. Send it to the daily mail. Give them something to post.
tragedy that the spider was green in a red raspberry, such a fashion faux pas.
Missing the point here. What else are you expecting. Move on
Phone RSPCA
I can't post a pic but it looks similar to this [img]youtube.com/watch?v=Fuj6fUItwGE[/img]
first world problems.....
Shame there wasn't a pair, you could start breeding them and take over the world

Mwahaha
aysheab

I can't post a pic but it looks similar to this … I can't post a pic but it looks similar to this [img]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuj6fUItwGE[/img]

There is no such thing as a deadly Raspberry Spider. He made it up.
Walking to work the other day I found a spider in the street! Just sitting on a wall!

Needless to say I called the council straight away!
Asda kindly issued me with a £10 gift voucher for halfing a maggot in two that was cocooned in an apple...after emptying the entire contents of my stomach,i feel I was short changed!,get yourself a sh*t hot legal team and sue:{
you are indeed another time waster! Sad indictment of society that this is even considered an issue.
I found black sand in an ariel washing powder box from sainsburys once. when i brought it back and asked for a refund, customer service accused me of adding the black sand to the box myself!
My faith in people sank a little more after reading this. That wee spider has as much right to be there as you have to eat them. Just give them a wash and move on.
Why are you moaning? Extra protein :).
Tesco have offered to remedy the heinous crime they've committed, perhaps accept that?

They'll probably give you a voucher to apologise.
Joined 16.05.12

Posts 1 being this.

Comments 2, go forth and multiply or chip in with HUKD
Huggett93

Joined 16.05.12Posts 1 being this.Comments 2, go forth and multiply or … Joined 16.05.12Posts 1 being this.Comments 2, go forth and multiply or chip in with HUKD

Jesus, that is so sad. Get a life OP.
Lol a few too many harsh posts in here..

OP just bin them if you don't fancy eating them afterwards and try buying them elsewhere in future. Although this kinda stuff probably happens all the time and some people may not even realise.
OP, i guess by now your'e regretting you posted this.

lol
aysheab

I bought a punnet of raspberries from tesco last night and when I got … I bought a punnet of raspberries from tesco last night and when I got them home , I opened them and found a small green spider in them . It was alive !I was quite disgusted obviously and when I contacted tesco they just said to take it back so they can investigate it .Any advice on what else I can do pleaseThanks

My honest thoughts are to seriously get a life. My definition of disgusted is seeing a somalia woman who had just given birth in chains on death row for marrying outside her faith !
^+1
Just a suggestion but why not do as Tesco ask rather than ask us?
Don't ever grow your own raspberries (not that they need much "growing").

It will be far too much of a shock to the system and I'd be concerned about your mental welfare.

And avoid all open days at allotments!
The spider could have got in anywhere just be glad they're not so covered in chemicals, something natural survived on them, if it had been a tarantula you'd have reason to worry.
go back to your local store with a spiderman onesie on ......
Steve Mac

Just a suggestion but why not do as Tesco ask rather than ask us?

Because some are becoming a society of moaners, claimers and unsatisfied with their way of life

Even when I was a child we had pantries not fridge/fridge freezers, we had bread n dripping or bread n ketchup or bread n butter n sugar sandwiches because we had nothing else for tea. Some things would have that green hint (mould) on them but we just carried on.

But now most want everything with a silver spoon without even wanting to pay the price for the silver.

When we were kids we'd play in the garden eating the occasional bug, play in the local brook and just learn about real life - nowadays it's give the kids this n that (game consoles/designer clothes) and we wonder why our kids are becoming obese and a society of moaners etc
philphil61

Because some are becoming a society of moaners, claimers and unsatisfied … Because some are becoming a society of moaners, claimers and unsatisfied with their way of lifeEven when I was a child we had pantries not fridge/fridge freezers, we had bread n dripping or bread n ketchup or bread n butter n sugar sandwiches because we had nothing else for tea. Some things would have that green hint (mould) on them but we just carried on. But now most want everything with a silver spoon without even wanting to pay the price for the silver.When we were kids we'd play in the garden eating the occasional bug, play in the local brook and just learn about real life - nowadays it's give the kids this n that (game consoles/designer clothes) and we wonder why our kids are becoming obese and a society of moaners etc

With you all the way. Especially ketchup sandwiches!!!
I wonder how many bits of insect are processed in your cereal?
stiffnuts

My honest thoughts are to seriously get a life. My definition of … My honest thoughts are to seriously get a life. My definition of disgusted is seeing a somalia woman who had just given birth in chains on death row for marrying outside her faith !

+1 to the power of 1000.

Insects on fruit, gosh, whatever next? Soil on vegatables?

PS OP. rumour has it you accidently eat about 8 spiders a year, this includes some which will enter you open mouth while you are asleep!
mutley1

I found black sand in an ariel washing powder box from sainsburys once. … I found black sand in an ariel washing powder box from sainsburys once. when i brought it back and asked for a refund, customer service accused me of adding the black sand to the box myself!

Black sand?
MRR_ltd

Black sand?

Yup. It looked like black sand. No idea how it could have made its way into soap powder unless that is an ingredient. X)
I bought a bag of potatoes the other day and they had what I can only describe as soil on them... My only option was to lick them clean... I survived the ordeal but I don't think I'll ever be the same again
We found a green catepillar in our salad at a restaurant once and when we showed the live caterpilla to the manager, he took it into the kitchen (possibly to reprimand it) and gave us a discount on our bill together with free spanish drink tub, can't recall what they are called.
URL=http://s847.photobucket.com/user/mdekq007/media/IMAG0160.jpg.html]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab32/mdekq007/IMAG0160.jpg[/URL

This fella drowned in my coffee. I knew something was wrong when I felt a stringy mass swirling around my mouth.
Huggett93

Joined 16.05.12Posts 1 being this.Comments 2, go forth and multiply or … Joined 16.05.12Posts 1 being this.Comments 2, go forth and multiply or chip in with HUKD

What's your point ?
think

Shame there wasn't a pair, you could start breeding them and take over … Shame there wasn't a pair, you could start breeding them and take over the worldMwahaha

LOL
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants