Groups

hello peepsples, is it true that all 02 phone are unlocked?

I have heard this a few times and would like to know if it is in fact true

42 Comments

no, my blackberry was locked.

Banned

no it isnt, and not all phones on o2 from cpw warehouse are unlocked either, there is the odd one that isnt

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5065441

No it's not, some are some aren't, I think all O2 phones from carphone … No it's not, some are some aren't, I think all O2 phones from carphone warehouse are unlocked.

I see, my son wants one and due to no pennies wanted to get from the catalogue, have rang them but they didnt know (or want to say) anyway the one he wants is not on t-mobile :-(

urban legend then, typical, but thank you guys, saved me some aggro, cheers

Just get it unlocked if it isn't.

99%(made up figure) of contract o2 phones are unlocked, but not so many PAYG.

Banned

michelleleemoo;5065472

I see, my son wants one and due to no pennies wanted to get from the … I see, my son wants one and due to no pennies wanted to get from the catalogue, have rang them but they didnt know (or want to say) anyway the one he wants is not on t-mobile :-(urban legend then, typical, but thank you guys, saved me some aggro, cheers

what phone is it, it probably easy and cheap to get unlocked anyway, maybe we could find it cheaper, or is a catalogue your only option

Original Poster

thesaint;5065512

Just get it unlocked if it isn't.99%(made up figure) of contract phones … Just get it unlocked if it isn't.99%(made up figure) of contract phones are unlocked, but not so many PAYG.

we have had the last 3 phones unlocked and they have each screwed up shortly after so I dont want to do that again thanks tho :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;5065525

what phone is it, it probably easy and cheap to get unlocked anyway, … what phone is it, it probably easy and cheap to get unlocked anyway, maybe we could find it cheaper, or is a catalogue your only option

embarrasingly yes :oops::oops: he had it stolen shortly after christmas and every time ive had a bit of money since then something else has swallowed it up and bless him he hasnt even complained about the cronky one he's got now, oh well he'll understand

Banned

michelleleemoo;5065572

[/B] embarrasingly yes :oops::oops: he had it stolen shortly after … [/B] embarrasingly yes :oops::oops: he had it stolen shortly after christmas and every time ive had a bit of money since then something else has swallowed it up and bless him he hasnt even complained about the cronky one he's got now, oh well he'll understand

what phone is it, and what catalogue, how much is the difference between the o2 and tmobile? you got vouchers or anything to use? does it have to be a specific catalogue or will any do, as most catalogues do a voucher for 1st time users

Original Poster

sassie;5065595

what phone is it, and what catalogue, how much is the difference between … what phone is it, and what catalogue, how much is the difference between the o2 and tmobile? you got vouchers or anything to use? does it have to be a specific catalogue or will any do, as most catalogues do a voucher for 1st time users

ah bless you sassie, well littlewoods but could do marshall ward, (I use the vouchers sparingly so wouldnt be an option at the mo) LG Viewty and he's on T-Mobile. :thumbsup:

michelleleemoo;5065534

we have had the last 3 phones unlocked and they have each screwed up … we have had the last 3 phones unlocked and they have each screwed up shortly after so I dont want to do that again thanks tho :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You can get one of these that fit under the SIM card, that way no messing around with the firmware of the phone.

dealextreme.com/det…167

I have one in my o2 phone to allow me to use the Virgin(T-Mobile) network.

Banned

dont tmobile piggback one of the other networks? if you could find out then you may have more options

Original Poster

thesaint;5065671

You can get one of these that fit under the SIM card, that way no messing … You can get one of these that fit under the SIM card, that way no messing around with the firmware of the phone.http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167I have one in my o2 phone to allow me to use the Virgin(T-Mobile) network.

hey that looks good, and very cheap too. I like that idea, thank you saint :thumbsup: I love you guys
    :w00t: :cry: you's make me feel all warm and fuzzy (but thats another thread :p)

Banned

it doesnt appear to be on tmobile in any of the catalogues

Its not the network that determines whether the phone is unlocked or not MM...

For the vast majority of phones its the firmware installation that determines whether it is unlocked or not. Carphonewarehouse sell their phones at diff prices for diff networks, however every phone I have bought from them have been unbranded and unlocked.

If the phone you have is already locked then you have a couple of options. You can either use a TurboSIM that fools the phone into connecting to the network that your SIM is set up on, or the other option is to take it to mobile shop and get it unlocked for around a fiver or tenner.

Or buy a phone advertised as SIM free.

Original Poster

sassie;5065725

dont tmobile piggback one of the other networks? if you could find out … dont tmobile piggback one of the other networks? if you could find out then you may have more options

yup virgin :thumbsup:
    I can get the same sim deal on voda so changing network is an option, with all the fuss that goes with it. Going to try saint's idea and see how we go from there :):)

Banned

michelleleemoo;5065769

yup virgin :thumbsup:I can get the same sim deal on voda so changing … yup virgin :thumbsup:I can get the same sim deal on voda so changing network is an option, with all the fuss that goes with it. Going to try saint's idea and see how we go from there :):)

ok, good luck and for gawds sake take out the insurance on it, for when he loses it - lol

Original Poster

sassie;5065751

it doesnt appear to be on tmobile in any of the catalogues

no I know thats why wanted to know if the 02 was open

Original Poster

sassie;5065776

ok, good luck and for gawds sake take out the insurance on it, for when … ok, good luck and for gawds sake take out the insurance on it, for when he loses it - lol

you know it! haha

Banned

you causing trouble again moo

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5065757

Its not the network that determines whether the phone is unlocked or not … Its not the network that determines whether the phone is unlocked or not MM...For the vast majority of phones its the firmware installation that determines whether it is unlocked or not. Carphonewarehouse sell their phones at diff prices for diff networks, however every phone I have bought from them have been unbranded and unlocked.If the phone you have is already locked then you have a couple of options. You can either use a TurboSIM that fools the phone into connecting to the network that your SIM is set up on, or the other option is to take it to mobile shop and get it unlocked for around a fiver or tenner.Or buy a phone advertised as SIM free.

OMG a reply to me thats not smutty, nearly missed you there!!!:w00t::-D:p

Original Poster

DangerGod;5065791

you causing trouble again moo

oh-o we're all in trouble now (and shame, everyone knows Im poor now :oops::oops:)

michelleleemoo;5065792

OMG a reply to me thats not smutty, nearly missed you there!!!:w00t::-D:p

Well I do like to help people.

lol...I dont do smut on the forum anymore.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5065814

Well I do like to help people.lol...I dont do smut on the forum anymore. … Well I do like to help people.lol...I dont do smut on the forum anymore.

what no smut! bog off then, he he he :p:p

michelleleemoo;5065831

what no smut! bog off then, he he he :p:p

lol...fed up doin smut on the forum....its boring now....:p

Banned

michelleleemoo;5065804

oh-o we're all in trouble now (and shame, everyone knows Im poor now … oh-o we're all in trouble now (and shame, everyone knows Im poor now :oops::oops:)

No, only you

DangerGod;5065847

No, only you

sup dawg? u alright.....

Banned

mm feelin in a rite mood man .. dont ask why

Original Poster

this is for the people pre smut ha

http://images.jellymuffin.com/images/thank_you/images/pic34.gif

Original Poster

DangerGod;5065864

mm feelin in a rite mood man .. dont ask why

[SIZE="7"]WHY?[/SIZE]

michelleleemoo;5065866

this is for the people pre smut ha

WTF? lol what are you smoking over there MM

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5065887

WTF? lol what are you smoking over there MM

Hey Im sat in anticipation here, you have a reputation to keep and I like smut so dont be offended and no smoking, bit of friction tho! :w00t::w00t:

michelleleemoo;5065907

Hey Im sat in anticipation here, you have a reputation to keep and I like … Hey Im sat in anticipation here, you have a reputation to keep and I like smut so dont be offended and no smoking, bit of friction tho! :w00t::w00t:

LOL @ that.. I dont have a rep at all. I hardly ever come in to misc. Every time I'm here it just so happens that theres a gang bang in every thread.

Besides. I've moved on now, I call my Thai chick every night n do the whole phonesex n cam thing. She seems to like it. :w00t:

dcx_badass;5065889

Actually it is the network that get's them locked to them.

Cheers.

Original Poster

[QUOTE=StevenA2000_uk;5065936]LOL @ that.. I dont have a rep at all. I hardly ever come in to misc. Every time I'm here it just so happens that theres a gang bang in every thread.

Besides. I've moved on now, I call my Thai chick every night n do the whole phonesex n cam thing. She seems to like it. :w00t:

whoo hoo :-D:-D

michelleleemoo;5065950

lol. You;re mad.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5065958

lol. You;re mad.

if you think i am you should meet my imaginary friend :?

michelleleemoo;5065967

if you think i am you should meet my imaginary friend :?

I'd be more concerned if you told me your imaginary friend said they had a real friend :w00t:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5065993

I'd be more concerned if you told me your imaginary friend said they had … I'd be more concerned if you told me your imaginary friend said they had a real friend :w00t:

brb, just gonna ask

michelleleemoo;5066005

brb, just gonna ask

LOL.....PHONIN MA THAI CHICK IN 10 MINS! :w00t:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;5066095

LOL.....PHONIN MA THAI CHICK IN 10 MINS! :w00t:

oooh, does she like duck tongue!

michelleleemoo;5066122

oooh, does she like duck tongue!

no...but she likes a good tongue duck :thumbsup:

she loves playin hide the sausage....,...she very good at finding hiding places for it :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1756
      2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions