Groups

Hellooooo

hi people, im no good with computers and was wondering if its possible to upgrade the memory on a Dell Optiplex GX260 computer, its got 512mb at the moment and i was wanting more like 1gb - 2gb, was wondering if anyone has this computer and has done this or knows of someone that has

thanks

rep waiting

8 Comments

Banned

You should be able to, as all the computers come with that option, do you have the part number on you ? and let me know what MHz your RAM is orignally

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2670954

You should be able to, as all the computers come with that option, do you … You should be able to, as all the computers come with that option, do you have the part number on you ? and let me know what MHz your RAM is orignally

this where im getting it from, but hasnt been delivered yet, shall i wait for it to be delivered then ask again

aria.co.uk/Sup…044

Yes you can you should be able to use;

PC-2100 200 or 266 Mhz

Up to a maximum size of 1GB per stick

Have you tried the Crucial website ??
    I buy all my RAM & SODIMM from Crucial . Very good company ,and they do a swift refund if the memory is wrong . Visit there website and type in the make and model of your PC/Laptop and they should have the details and the max amount of memory you can use .

Banned

2Gb (in 2 x 1Gb modules) is the max the Dell can take. According to Crucial. A 1Gb module is £24.66 from crucial. You could look at the Crucial spec and see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere e.g. ebuyer but Crucial do have a very good reputation

crucial.com/uk/…RAM

Specs: DDR PC3200 • CL=3 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC • DDR400 • 2.6V • 128Meg x 64 •

Banned

Jack memory upgrades are probably the easiest hardware upgrades you can undertake with a desktop PC. SFF PCs might be a little more difficult if the ram slots are awkward to access but every Dell I've seen for the past 10 years could be opened by pressing a couple of buttons or a lever.

The great thing about Dell is the support: here's the online Service Manual for the GX260
    support.euro.dell.com/sup…htm

And here's Crucial's guide to installing Dimm modules crucial.com/uk/…spx

ricko;2671051

Have you tried the Crucial website ?? I buy all my RAM & SODIMM from … Have you tried the Crucial website ?? I buy all my RAM & SODIMM from Crucial . Very good company ,and they do a swift refund if the memory is wrong . Visit there website and type in the make and model of your PC/Laptop and they should have the details and the max amount of memory you can use .

I agree with Ricko but I thought the Crucial website could scan your computer and tell exactly what you've got and what you can have and what it recommends.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…55
      2. word association Game73944494
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***519

See more discussions