Groups

HELP 1993 clio whats wrong

ok so i had noticed about 4 days ago one light was brighter than the other up the front.... wel today i turned them on to full (not main) and the like flashed brighter for like .5 of a sec then only one works on very low power dipped the other nothing at all..... however if i turn on main beam both work whats up with my lovly clio???

19 Comments

this kind of answers my old banger question

Original Poster

Cluffy321;4197145

this kind of answers my old banger question

lol ..... no they are legend and you almost fall in love with em! but i only paid 210 for this clio but something is wrong and dont know what!

duff bulb

jackt010;4197152

lol ..... no they are legend and you almost fall in love with em! but i … lol ..... no they are legend and you almost fall in love with em! but i only paid 210 for this clio but something is wrong and dont know what!

i would love my own car, im thinking of getting a fiesta

Original Poster

mark1967;4197157

duff bulb

how and where would i get it replaced??? are they expensive??? can i not just drive round on main beam?

Original Poster

Cluffy321;4197163

i would love my own car, im thinking of getting a fiesta

no clios are legendry had 2 one i wrote off..... this new one leaks from the sunroof..... and has some dodgy bulb

The sell bulb sets in £land - Lookup the type for Clios before you go though - Think they tend to have H7 and H4 which I have used without problems. For main/dip beam I think you need H4 if you decide to buy

jackt010;4197226

no clios are legendry had 2 one i wrote off..... this new one leaks from … no clios are legendry had 2 one i wrote off..... this new one leaks from the sunroof..... and has some dodgy bulb

lol i was in a clio yesterday and the speedo didnt work and when the driver tried to get out the handle came off lmao

472 bulb , should cost no more than a fiver!

jackt010;4197164

how and where would i get it replaced??? are they expensive??? can i not … how and where would i get it replaced??? are they expensive??? can i not just drive round on main beam?

Yes sure, just go around and blind everyone coming the other way.
    Don't be surprised if one of them crashes into you though. :roll:

when you change the bulb do not touch the glass, hold it at the base .

Sounds like a bad earth or a faulty switch to me.

jackt010;4197164

how and where would i get it replaced??? are they expensive??? can i not … how and where would i get it replaced??? are they expensive??? can i not just drive round on main beam?

This is a joke right?

deek72;4197690

This is a joke right?

You thought that? My thought was 'Sweet baby Jesus....." :lol:

Original Poster

hey i only asked cos i am scarpping the car in about 2 weeks so didnt rly want to spend any money on it! but i need it for the moment to get to and from work late a night

jackt010;4197226

no clios are legendry had 2 one i wrote off..... this new one leaks from … no clios are legendry had 2 one i wrote off..... this new one leaks from the sunroof..... and has some dodgy bulb

That sounds like my first car, Silver Clio L reg, leaked from the sunroof and internal light didnt work :thumbsup: awesome car though

Cluffy321;4197263

lol i was in a clio yesterday and the speedo didnt work and when the … lol i was in a clio yesterday and the speedo didnt work and when the driver tried to get out the handle came off lmao

PMSL

hey i only asked cos i am scarpping the car in about 2 weeks so didnt rly … hey i only asked cos i am scarpping the car in about 2 weeks so didnt rly want to spend any money on it! but i need it for the moment to get to and from work late a night

If you're intending to see where you are driving without blinding other road users then yes, you need to buy a replacement bulb.
    If you think that you can get away with blinding other drivers for 2 weeks (bearing in mind that they may take exception to you & put their lights on full beam to show you what it's like!) then don't spend £5 on a bulb.
    Personally, I would buy a bulb, especially as the police may not think my money-saving idea is a good one (honest, officer, I would have bought a bulb but I thought what's the point I'll only sell the car at some point in the future and I don't want to waste £5 on something trivial like a safety feature):whistling:

jackt010;4198297

hey i only asked cos i am scarpping the car in about 2 weeks so didnt rly … hey i only asked cos i am scarpping the car in about 2 weeks so didnt rly want to spend any money on it! but i need it for the moment to get to and from work late a night

Buy a new bulb and when you scarp the car, take the bulb off.
    It will fit a lot of other cars. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1740
      2. GOT Leaks again918
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …99190
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846286

See more discussions