Groups
    EXPIRED

Help

hi i just bought sony surround system of amazon, i have set that up but i cant get xbox 360 to go though the surround sytstem. i put the opitcal cable in but no sound.

anyone know why

10 Comments

Have you changed the input on the machine to Optical...you should be able to selelct it using the remote

Which surround sound have you bought?? Let me know and I'll have a look for you.

Banned

midlandscomics;2601557

Have you changed the output on the machine to Optical...you should be … Have you changed the output on the machine to Optical...you should be able to selelct it using the remoteWhich surround sound have you bought?? Let me know and I'll have a look for you.

Yh agreed

eg mine I have to change to 'Optical IN'

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2601557

Have you changed the output on the machine to Optical...you should be … Have you changed the output on the machine to Optical...you should be able to selelct it using the remoteWhich surround sound have you bought?? Let me know and I'll have a look for you.

sony dz260:thumbsup:

OnTheBallCity;2601582

sony dz260:thumbsup:

Okay...just had a look and you need to cycle through options using the 'function' button on the remote until it says 'TV' - that's the one you need for the Optical/Coaxial connection.

Do you have to change the audio out on the 360 to output via Optical rather than Phono like you do on a PS3? Perhaps ODB can answer that one for you :thumbsup:

Banned

midlandscomics;2601619

Okay...just had a look and you need to cycle through options using the … Okay...just had a look and you need to cycle through options using the 'function' button on the remote until it says 'TV' - that's the one you need for the Optical/Coaxial connection.Do you have to change the audio out on the 360 to output via Optical rather than Phono like you do on a PS3? Perhaps ODB can answer that one for you :thumbsup:

Nope...its automatic so long as its plugged in

Original Poster

the optical cable doesnt stay in the xbox 360 that well, so have i got to change the tv settings

Banned

OnTheBallCity;2601655

the optical cable doesnt stay in the xbox 360 that well, so have i got to … the optical cable doesnt stay in the xbox 360 that well, so have i got to change the tv settings

You plugged into component cable socket? Mine fits in perfectly:?

You shouldnt have to touch the TV settings unless there are lip sync issues which is to do with DVD's rather than 360 mostly

Shold be plug n play really mine was took like 10 seconds

Original Poster

thanks for your help, got it going now sounds brillant

Banned

OnTheBallCity;2601766

thanks for your help, got it going now sounds brillant

You play CoD? Its useful to hear those footsteps behind u:thumbsup:

How did u sort it out .. ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions