Found 11th Sep 2008
i'm supposed to be going to paris in the morning but... this stupid fire has closed the euro tunnel thing...

my insurance company aren't "in the office"

spoke to people at eurostar and they don't expect it to be open for days...

tottaly confused what to do!

was supposed to be a surprise

does anyone know what i should do?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

fire on feight train in tunnel

Definitely a surprise element too it now!!!

Original Poster

harlzter;2949623

Definitely a surprise element too it now!!!

be more of a surprise when he finds uot his dad told me before... :whistling:

sort the insurance out later...for now ehy not take ferry and car across if ur looking for cheap?

Original Poster

magicbeans;2949656

sort the insurance out later...for now ehy not take ferry and car across … sort the insurance out later...for now ehy not take ferry and car across if ur looking for cheap?

neither of us drive... :oops:
my mum wants me to book a flight at london luton but i'm concerned out insurace wont pay out

Have a ceremonial burning of all Spurs memorabilia in your garden, it always works for me

Seriously though is it too late to book the ferry? You never know but then again i'd imagine a lot of people have had the same thought.

Most people would get the ferry from Dover, you can always get it from a less attractive port

dunno if it helps but bbc news says this:

Motorists at the Channel Tunnel entrance were being given vouchers by … Motorists at the Channel Tunnel entrance were being given vouchers by staff to board ferries at Dover. Meanwhile, passengers waiting to board trains at London's St Pancras International terminal were told to come back on Friday morning when they will be boarded onto trains on a first-come first-served basis. Long queues formed as passengers tried to get information. Eurostar said anyone with a ticket for Friday would be able to travel if the trains were running, and some travellers said Eurostar had agreed to cover the cost of their overnight stays in London. A spokesman said anyone who had been unable to use the tickets because of the fire would be given as much help as possible with continuing their journey.

Original Poster

RedIron;2949670

Have a ceremonial burning of all Spurs memorabilia in your garden, it … Have a ceremonial burning of all Spurs memorabilia in your garden, it always works for meSeriously though is it too late to book the ferry? You never know but then again i'd imagine a lot of people have had the same thought.Most people would get the ferry from Dover, you can always get it from a less attractive port

we can't get to dover or get anywhere once we're in france.
but... we're going to the game next week... supposed to be the day after we get back! (or the day?!) i don't knowww... stupid surprises lol.

we travel alot and it's the first time it has happened, would be a signifficent time though.

onlyme23;2949678

dunno if it helps but bbc news says this:

thank you... he's on a train from southampton up to mine (cambridge) and said we should spend the night in london...

yimmie;2949744

thank you... he's on a train from southampton up to mine (cambridge) and … thank you... he's on a train from southampton up to mine (cambridge) and said we should spend the night in london...

prolly be the best option either spend night there or get there mega early and hope for the best :thumbsup:

I would imagine you turn up and will be given alternative crossing - good luck

Banned

I would steer clear completely of the ferries. They will have massive waiting times to get on one now

Original Poster

Just been offered a refund by lastminute and we then booked a secret hotel in london so it's going well...

thanks for your replies everyone xx

Fire in Channel Tunnel - Latest update
Question
Fire in Channel Tunnel - Latest update
Answer
EUROSTAR PRESS STATEMENT - RESTRICTED SERVICES ON SATURDAY 13 SEPTEMBER AND SUNDAY 14 SEPTEMBER

Eurostar is operating a restricted, temporary timetable through the Channel Tunnel, using the single tunnel that is unaffected by fire. Travellers should check in as normal for the train times given on their tickets, and we will seek to carry them on the first available train.

However, travellers should expect significant delays before boarding their trains, and crowded departure lounges. Journey times will also be longer than normal.

Tomorrow (Sun 14 September) Eurostar expects to run up to 10 trains each way on London-Paris, up to five trains each way on London-Brussels, and the daily service each way between London and Disneyland Resort Paris. Trains will also call at Ashford International, Ebbsfleet International, Lille and Calais.

Travellers holding tickets for travel between 13 and 16 September who have non-essential journeys are able to exchange their tickets for a later date, or get a full refund.

* Travellers departing St Pancras International should note that check-in will CLOSE at 18h45 (BST) until further notifice.
* Travellers departing Paris Gare du Nord should note that check-in will CLOSE at 20h00 (CET) until further notifice.

There will be continuing alterations to the timetable, as Eurostar adjusts its services to manage high levels of demand and the reduced tunnel capacity. In the meantime, Eurostar thanks travellers for their continuing patience and understanding.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help: NowTV Movie pass812
    2. Anyone know of any budget laptops which charge through USB-C?33
    3. Items broken from argos - will I get replacement or refund?66
    4. Printer help please.57

See more discussions