Found 2nd Dec 2016
Hello everyone i need some help with a Christmas present for my son he wants a gaming pc i don't have a clue he plays new releases and i want it to last is this a good computer for the money?

chillblast.com/chi…412

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

pc's go from 300-£1000+ what are you wanting to spend?
also do you need monitors keyboard/mouse speakers etc?

That pc you posted seems solid just not sure about the price

Original Poster

Thank you for your answers i was looking at very max £750 but i only know basic information about computers

Does he already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, etc?

Your link isn't great, you say he wants to play the latest releases, my advice, look at the recommended specs for say Battlefield 1, then pick a pc that will meet those specs, think your £750 budget may not be enough, if he only wants to play games why not a ps4 or xb1?

Original Poster

He already has keyboard , mouse and display and he has a ps4 but prefers computer thank you all again

Adam2324

He already has keyboard , mouse and display and he has a ps4 but prefers … He already has keyboard , mouse and display and he has a ps4 but prefers computer thank you all again

Would you feel confident enough to attempt building it yourself? Would be a good bonding/learning experience. How old is your son? No matter age, they always seem to be watching videos on youtube of people playing games, you could watch some videos and tutorials on PC building and get real value for money.

And believe me when I say near enough all parts fit together like lego. It really isn't complicated and would 100% recommend doing it with your son. When something breaks or stops working, you will be able to fix it your self, upgrade parts etc.
Edited by: "n00dles0up" 2nd Dec 2016

Original Poster

Thank you for your reply its a really good idea and i would honestly love to do that but i do lack the confidence he would be more or less teaching me how to build it but in the future if it needed upgrading to a better spec i could do that together.

Could anyone help any other gaming computers could try to stretch to £900 possibly.

Thank you all

This company makes fairly reasonably priced gaming PCs: awd-it.co.uk/pc-…tml . However I've never purchased from them so not sure how good their support/warranty is, also make sure you add Windows 10 as the operating system which will bump up the price. If your son wants to play all of the most modern games I'd make sure the PC has GTX 1060 6GB DDR5 graphics card at a minimum (a 1070 is obviously better but not required). Other than that he'd need at least 8gb of RAM, and would probably want an SSD for the main hard drive.

Edited by: "susdev" 2nd Dec 2016

Adam2324

Thank you for your reply its a really good idea and i would honestly love … Thank you for your reply its a really good idea and i would honestly love to do that but i do lack the confidence he would be more or less teaching me how to build it but in the future if it needed upgrading to a better spec i could do that together.Could anyone help any other gaming computers could try to stretch to £900 possibly.Thank you all

Can he build it? Building is always better if you can do it. I'm not a huge fan of Scan but they offer insurance for if you build it yourself and break something, could be an option, it's fairly easy though.

Why not do what I did a few years ago, I got all the bits for my son and we built it together, I had done it loads of times before, but he learned from it, if you are inexperienced there are loads of youtube videos to help you

Adam2324 you should give overclockers.co.uk a call and explain what you want in a pc to them. They will build it for you too and are reasonably priced.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415458
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769541
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions