Found 6th Dec 2008
can someone please advise daughters just spilt milkshake all over her phone im absolutely livid shes only just had it, now the camera dosent work the buttons stick and the speakers abit dodgy dont think the warrenty will cover it they usually dont for spillages
please help btw its a w595

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Can you tell me what flavour please?

Original Poster

adamsxi;3677683

Can you tell me what flavour please?

cheeky, strawberry

phones normally have an indicator inside which changes colour if something spills on it. Warrenty is out of the question. Get it insured and claim it next week?

I would wash it and dry the bits and then try it.I It only works doing this with strawberry though not vanilla!

Original Poster

MANJ_007;3677701

phones normally have an indicator inside which changes colour if … phones normally have an indicator inside which changes colour if something spills on it. Warrenty is out of the question. Get it insured and claim it next week?

thanks didnt think of that will do that today rep added:thumbsup:

Im affraid it can be a bit too late...

what you sould have done was to swutch off and take the battery out IMMEDIATELY after she spilled the milk. Taking off batteries will avoid short circuit in the phone's electronic components.

After that dry the phone competely either using the hair blow dry or naturally. To be sure, dont use it at least over night

having said that, of course you can do the above now.

You could always "lose" it and then claim :whistling:
Not that I would recommend this of course........

nuabdi;3677826

Im affraid it can be a bit too late...what you sould have done was to … Im affraid it can be a bit too late...what you sould have done was to swutch off and take the battery out IMMEDIATELY after she spilled the milk. Taking off batteries will avoid short circuit in the phone's electronic components.After that dry the phone competely either using the hair blow dry or naturally. To be sure, dont use it at least over nighthaving said that, of course you can do the above now.

That would only really work if it was water that was splled on it. I doubt that have dried, sticky, strawberry milkshake inside it will do any good.

Russ2626;3678071

That would only really work if it was water that was splled on it. I … That would only really work if it was water that was splled on it. I doubt that have dried, sticky, strawberry milkshake inside it will do any good.

well the important part is to take out the battery and not power it on until its dry.

Besides, thats the nearest thing you can do yourself in emergency, int it?

of course you can always go to the pro or claim insurance but that would go for every fault, not just water or milk spill
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769250
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2484
    3. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?11
    4. Add one, leave one game54315389

See more discussions