Help 3 of my usb ports wont recognise devices

they either say uknown and malfunctioned, or they dont say anything at all when i add any type of usb device, and they dont appear in device manager

is there anythin i can do?

8 Comments

Banned

Go into device manager and delete the usb ports, Close down and reboot, when it initialises it will add the new hardware found again. This usually sorts out problems of this kind

sculpturatus;5667408

Go into device manager and delete the usb ports, Close down and reboot, … Go into device manager and delete the usb ports, Close down and reboot, when it initialises it will add the new hardware found again. This usually sorts out problems of this kind

+1

MY ports died on my pc and i had to get a pci card with 4 ext and 1 int cost me £11 from nova tech all working now and it reconizes my usb hub and external devizes again

Seen this happen lots of times , when folk just pull their flash drives/pendrives/external drives .etc .etc out of the ports without closing them down first .For some reason it can disable the USB ports . Not sure if this has been the reason in your case ,but try the above method or buy a USB PCI card .

Original Poster

ye ive tried deleting the ports in device manager and it hasnt fixed it, i think the only thing i can do is reinstall windows which i really dont want to have to do

ive reinstalled the motherboard drivers and thats not fixed it either

This happened to me and I did a system restore to when they were working ( Ie 24 hours before) and this seemed to work - no more problems so far - touch wood.

Original Poster

ive tried a system restore and still no luck, infact ive thrown everythin i can at it
reinstalled drivers, disabled usb in bios,
it seems that the drivers for the usb controllers are not installed

http://i42.tinypic.com/16ao56p.jpg

THIS IS WHAT MINE CAME UP WITH TRY A PCI CARD FOUND THIS ON PLAY.COM play.com/PC/…tml THERE IS 1 ONPLAY TRADE FOR £6 APPROX
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1534
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183418
    3. First 2 lucky people.46
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764046

See more discussions