Help.

Posted 25th Jan
I have a non smart tv. What is the cheapest way to make it a smart tv
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Sellotape paper to the screen and draw boxes on it. Label them Netflix, youtube etc.
17 Comments
deleted241226
Roku
depends if there is a specific app you need.
Fire stick. You can put iptv on it or cinema box hd, so you could get all the latest movies free or all the pay channels for about £20 a year.
deleted24122625/01/2020 13:42

Roku

Is roku open so you can install iptv or cinema box/showbox for free movies?
Bargainhead25/01/2020 13:59

Is roku open so you can install iptv or cinema box/showbox for free movies?

No but you can install iWebTV and stream anything from a smartphone to it - it even conveniently lists a number of websites for tv and film
Edited by: "buttonpushervic" 25th Jan
buttonpushervic25/01/2020 14:05

No but you can install iWebTV and stream anything from a smartphone to it …No but you can install iWebTV and stream anything from a smartphone to it - it even conveniently lists a number of websites for tv and film

Thanks for letting me know. but couldn’t you just use a chrome cast if you have to go through your phone to watch things. Other than subscription apps
I was thinking of getting an amazon stick just so I could access Netflix etc
Chromecast and stream everything from your phone.
Get a 4k firestick.
I don’t want to stream from my phone just my tv.
HEPY25/01/2020 14:15

I was thinking of getting an amazon stick just so I could access Netflix …I was thinking of getting an amazon stick just so I could access Netflix etc

Direstick is OK. Other solutions with notably better performance are availble, buy obvsly not "the cheapest way".
If you have a particularly strong immune system and are not in a rush, consider any risks associated with a decent performance £20 4GB/16GB device within benefit of ethernet, real physical USB sockets inc fast USB3, microSD etc, aliexpress.com/ite…tml with option of increased integral storage and dual wifi (same seller 4GB/64GB £30; alternative seller 4GB/32GB £25), or add an extra quid or two if you want it shipped from EU and can tolerate the EU mains brick aliexpress.com/ite…tml
Check spex if you're after 4k Netflix capability at near-zero money.
HEPY25/01/2020 14:15

I was thinking of getting an amazon stick just so I could access Netflix …I was thinking of getting an amazon stick just so I could access Netflix etc

If you just want Netflix, Sky Cinema and Entertainment, iPlayer, 4OD, YouTube, etc then the cheapest thing is to buy a Now TV box or stick. If you need Amazon Prime Video then get a Roku stick (the Now TV box and sticks are rebadged Roku devices but don't have Amazon content available to them).
Sellotape paper to the screen and draw boxes on it. Label them Netflix, youtube etc.
Bargainhead25/01/2020 14:11

Thanks for letting me know. but couldn’t you just use a chrome cast if you …Thanks for letting me know. but couldn’t you just use a chrome cast if you have to go through your phone to watch things. Other than subscription apps

Once your phone is connected is runs it through the Roku app rather than just mirroring your phone so it doesn’t zap your battery.
buttonpushervic25/01/2020 17:44

Once your phone is connected is runs it through the Roku app rather than …Once your phone is connected is runs it through the Roku app rather than just mirroring your phone so it doesn’t zap your battery.

Thanks..
AndyRoyd25/01/2020 14:52

Direstick is OK. Other solutions with notably better performance are …Direstick is OK. Other solutions with notably better performance are availble, buy obvsly not "the cheapest way".If you have a particularly strong immune system and are not in a rush, consider any risks associated with a decent performance £20 4GB/16GB device within benefit of ethernet, real physical USB sockets inc fast USB3, microSD etc, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000252664564.html with option of increased integral storage and dual wifi (same seller 4GB/64GB £30; alternative seller 4GB/32GB £25), or add an extra quid or two if you want it shipped from EU and can tolerate the EU mains brick https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000218231701.htmlCheck spex if you're after 4k Netflix capability at near-zero money.

?. No Idea have what's happened there, have you answered about 4 different questions in 1 go .
Might be local - but yesterday my local Asda was selling the 4k Now TV box with the four subscriptions for £7.50. All gone now, but other branches may have some...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants