Groups

Help

Hi i currently have a BT homehub modem/router in my home down stairs, i have live telephone line upstairs also, I have been trying to link up my netgear modem upstairs so i can connect it direct to my Xbox is this possible? and how do i do it?

Rep for help :-)

6 Comments

As far as I know you won't be able to have the netgear box connected to the phone line at the same time as the homehub. The ADSL network connection will only work with one modem at a time.

Your homehub will probably have one or more ethernet ports on it. That's what you want to plug your x-box into. But your x-box is upstairs and your hub is downstairs. Easiest way would be to buy a couple of homeplugs - but that will set you back about £40.

+1 on the homeplugs, been using them for a long time now with no problems at all.

Original Poster

Spod;6111388

As far as I know you won't be able to have the netgear box connected to … As far as I know you won't be able to have the netgear box connected to the phone line at the same time as the homehub. The ADSL network connection will only work with one modem at a time.Your homehub will probably have one or more ethernet ports on it. That's what you want to plug your x-box into. But your x-box is upstairs and your hub is downstairs. Easiest way would be to buy a couple of homeplugs - but that will set you back about £40.

Ok, would i be better off just buying the wireless adapter for the xbox then? or are the homeplugs better?

50/50 on the homeplugs / xbox wireless adapter - i have homeplugs - cant complain....xbox feels like it stroking the thigh of the internet. how u doin?

Original Poster

radishnet;6111519

50/50 on the homeplugs / xbox wireless adapter - i have homeplugs - cant … 50/50 on the homeplugs / xbox wireless adapter - i have homeplugs - cant complain....xbox feels like it stroking the thigh of the internet. how u doin?

i'm good! where did you get your home plugs from, where is the cheapest place to get them?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions