Groups

help...

does anybody know what to use to clean the metal part of grease filter of the extractor fan. I use power cif it works a bit but still when you touch it, you can fill it's sticky.
    I've tried everything, washing up, mr.muscle, normal sugar, power cif.

thanks.

14 Comments

Washing Powder or Washing Soda and hot water is good.
    WD40 can be used as well!
    I found this product by mistake but Lidl have a large spray bottle of degreaser and it's works. IMHO better than the heavly advertised stuff.

Mine's dishwasher proof - maybe you can just stick it in?

Penny Saver;7568524

Mine's dishwasher proof - maybe you can just stick it in?

+1 that's what we do :thumbsup:

you can buy a powerful degreaser that you use for cleaning car engine, this will almost certainly do it. Using washing powder or even dishwasher tablets should do it but it would need soaking in very hot water to help it.

biological washing powder is the key - sock it in that and it will come off easily

Kim & aggy swear by white vinegar for everything vertually - might be worth a try?

Original Poster

thanks for all the input, will try them, see if it works :thumbsup:

sugar soap is very good for degreasing. buy it from B&Q etc wear gloves as its fairly caustic

Original Poster

mrcareful;7568646

sugar soap is very good for degreasing. buy it from B&Q etc wear gloves … sugar soap is very good for degreasing. buy it from B&Q etc wear gloves as its fairly caustic

will try, thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

can i use sugar soap wipes? would it works?

Original Poster

check the one in b&q is liquid ones, and in wilko comes in 2 sachets. do i have to mix it myself if it comes in powder form? sorry, never use it before, don't what the form would be when ready to use

u can get sugar soap in a spray form ready made or powder to mix with water.ive never used the spray we just buy the stuff u mix with water

You need to buy a commercial quality degreaser from somewhere like Makro that supply the catering industry. Other domestic range stuff isn't powerful enough - you should then try a pressure washer (as long as the manufacturer of the filter says it's suitable)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mil track and trace33
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553761
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767184
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826347

See more discussions