Groups

help

hi i got a virus and had to re install my laptop and lost alln my stuff please how can i recover it thanks all

4 Comments

If you re-installed it using the recovery disc then there is no way you can recover anything. The hard drive will have been wiped of all your personal data.

Good lesson to learn about backing up all pix, films, programmes etc. to disc or other hard drive. Sorry.

loooooooooooool

This is why we say to people COPY IMPORTANT FILES TO AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE OR CD OR DVD.

You never know when your computer is going to crash or have a virus, so if your important files are already on an external hard drive or CD/DVD then if you have to reinstall Windows you dont lose the only copy of your files.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY BACKUPS.

Files can still possibly be recovered after a install, formatting a drive does not fully delete all files, try some software like recuva and see what it finds.

piriform.com/recuva
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941356
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563832
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691433
      4. Cheer me up please?712

See more discussions