Found 11th Jan 2011
Hello

I have a Dell Xps M1530 Laptop had it since mid 2009,

However it has had two perious repairs which where carried out within the warranty.

The laptop has now got the re-occuring faults, I've spoken to Dell and they have given me two options.

1st Option is to repair the faults under warrenty OR

2nd Option Pay and Extra £400 and upgrade to a New model Laptop

Advice needed

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Hi,

I am presuming this same fault keeps re-occuring, which if it is, is surely a design fault? Have you checked on forums etc to see if anyone else has had the same issues?

en.community.dell.com/

The Dell Forums are quite good, it might be worth posting on there. I have an XPS M1330 that has still got a warranty and if it was me and it sounds like a design fault I would keep complaining, XPS's aren't cheap and neither are the extended warranties.

Repair under warranty surely as it doesn't cost you anything or am I missing something?

Was it supposed to be repair outside of the warranty?
Edited by: "greg_68" 11th Jan 2011

Repair under warranty and try and get conformation that if the same fault happens again they will continue to repair it free/compensated, or persuade them to offer the upgrade for less due to the design fault ect.

I've got an M1530, its a piece of ****, it's falling apart

cpsmith

I've got an M1530, its a piece of ****, it's falling apart

weird, i love mine, good bit of kit, whats "falling apart" ?

Banned

how can we advise with zero details of new laptop (might be a £250 one new for all we know)

As csiman says you need to let people know what laptop you are being offered for £400+ your faulty laptop.

Banned

What is

perious ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21126
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions