Groups

Help !

Hi all,

Seeing if anyone can help. I have been asked by a friend who works for a charity if I would look up something for her.

The charity would like to set up a texting system for all their volunteers, very much like how schools now contact parents via subscription websites parentmail and groupcall. The problem is cost! I have looked into it and its all too confusing. Would it be cheaper just to get a mobile contract that only allows texting? or if they went down the subscription route what is the cheapest one?

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you so much

2 Comments

Depends how many texts you want to send. On a PAYG like family mobile texts cost 4p each, they have a web interface so you don't have to use the pone to text but it still cost 4p each.

Probably cheapest monthly sim is £10, so for that on family mobile you could send send 250 texts. Giff gaff will give you unlimited texts for a rolling £10 per month.

So if you send less than 250 monthly and or do not want to commit to a regular payment then family mobile. If you send more than 250 then giff gaff.

I think o2 do unlimited text for £7.50 a month as an alternative.

Linky

Edited by: "Mr_CP" 14th Apr 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free JackpotJoy Plate56
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717

See more discussions