Groups

help a thicko

i am as computer literate as a mod......el.

so i has a .rar file.... i downloaded winzip 45 free trial but it says i have to buy the thing to use it to open my photos (thats what the file is..... )is there any way around it?

thanks

18 Comments

Download WinRAR.

[url]www.rarlabs.com[/url]

Once installed, just right click on the RAR file and choose extract to here. Job done

as above use winrar then extract to a location of your choice ( insert smug face because i know how to answer this question)

Banned

Xb0xGuru;4501984

Download WinRAR.[url]www.rarlabs.com[/url]Once installed, just right … Download WinRAR.[url]www.rarlabs.com[/url]Once installed, just right click on the RAR file and choose extract to here. Job done

this.

Original Poster

downloaded it...its scanning stuff.... photos are on desktop..when i say open with blue registry it scans stuff... how badly have i screwed it up or how stupid am i??

i is well fick

Banned

yeh, Right click it and you will see a menu... and near the top you should have the option to 'extract here'

Banned

magicbeans;4502046
    downloaded it...its scanning stuff.... photos are on desktop..when i say open with blue registry it scans stuff... how badly have i screwed it up or how stupid am i??

i is well fick

no you want to open it with Win rar

winrar's the gift that just keeps on giving.

keeps on working despite asking me to sign upto the full version every time I use it.

hope it's developers begin work on a trial version of a money tree.

Banned

lol did you download registry booster by mistake? this is what you need

download.com/Win…col

Original Poster

screw it i cant be bothered.....

effort....

will ask dad tomorrow when i go round

robtallica;4502057

winrar's the gift that just keeps on giving.keeps on working despite … winrar's the gift that just keeps on giving.keeps on working despite asking me to sign upto the full version every time I use it.hope it's developers begin work on a trial version of a money tree.

:lol:

The one on my desktop is 600 odd days overdue or something, gotta love it :-D

Original Poster

i dont need registry boost?!??! is that why its not working!! O THE SHAME!!! thought it looked wrong?!?!

haha.....

magicbeans;4502071

i dont need registry boost?!??! is that why its not working!! O THE … i dont need registry boost?!??! is that why its not working!! O THE SHAME!!! thought it looked wrong?!?!haha.....

lolol you're soo cute MB lol xx

Banned

magicbeans;4502071

i dont need registry boost?!??! is that why its not working!! O THE … i dont need registry boost?!??! is that why its not working!! O THE SHAME!!! thought it looked wrong?!?!haha.....

lol nope it was a fairly easy mistake though.... if you download from the link i gave you... once you have winrar... right click the photo and select extract here.

When you install Winrar you should get the choice which files to associate it with, make sure rar is ticked. Once the install is finished, the icon for the .rar should change from winzip (which sounds like is currently associated with the rar file) to a Winrar icon, from there it's just a simple case of double clicking the file which will show you the contents. You can extract or drag them out as needed.

John

Original Poster

sadiebabes;4502077
    lolol you're soo cute MB lol xx

no im an embarrasment!!
    DangerGod;4502085
    lol nope it was a fairly easy mistake though.... if you download from the link i gave you... once you have winrar... right click the photo and select extract here.

haha...i feel like an idiot trying to extract files with a scanning thing....

Johnmcl7;4502086
    When you install Winrar you should get the choice which files to associate it with, make sure rar is ticked. Once the install is finished, the icon for the .rar should change from winzip (which sounds like is currently associated with the rar file) to a Winrar icon, from there it's just a simple case of double clicking the file which will show you the contents. You can extract or drag them out as needed.

John

thanks john...to be hnest ive managed to download so much cack onto my laptop and i dunno what ive done but its worked...somehow.... so THANKS ALL!!!

THANK U SO MUCH...im repless but will rep u guys tomorrow...thanks imran, john, dangergod (for not overly laughing!!), Sb (sweetheart!), rob , xbox guru....ur all so damn helpful.

if u ever need help with kids ...i can try help u there?!?!

sadiebabes;4502069

:lol:The one on my desktop is 600 odd days overdue or something, gotta … :lol:The one on my desktop is 600 odd days overdue or something, gotta love it :-D

hey sb. 600 days? jeeze you scots are tightarses haha.

just realised the smileys are back.

robtallica;4502147

hey sb. 600 days? jeeze you scots are tightarses haha.just realised the … hey sb. 600 days? jeeze you scots are tightarses haha.just realised the smileys are back.

I'm not Scottish!!

sadiebabes;4502152

I'm not Scottish!!

You're across the border so that's good enough for me.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it:oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?37
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions