Groups
    EXPIRED

Help/ Advice on k800i

Dropped it in some water. The battery swelled up so replaced that and turned it on. Basically it comes up with a white screen then turns off then white screen.

Anyway to sort that problem out?

7 Comments

did you dry it completely before you turned it on?

Original Poster

Titchimp;4513834

did you dry it completely before you turned it on?

Not really its was a week ago. No actual water in it, probably the odd bit of moisture. Wasnt that bothered to be honest, now i am! lol

I do have another working k800i though so I can test things. So for example i can swap screens to see if thats the problem. But dont want to risk breaking a working one if its not going to be the screen
    water is deffo got into the inside though because i can see abit of moisture on the camera under the protective glass

my phone did this it started flashing black and white - i didnt drop mine in water though
    i had to re-install all the software back in ti the phone from the sony ericson website
    works perfect now - touch wood!

Original Poster

Ok little update when I connect via USB. It finds it then it disconnects when the screen goes off then connects again etc. just like the screen. could this be software like bambu says?

when i conected mine to the usb - screen didnt change kept flashing black and white still,
    it took a long time to download all the software back to the phone, but well worth it

Original Poster

bambu;4514081

when i conected mine to the usb - screen didnt change kept flashing black … when i conected mine to the usb - screen didnt change kept flashing black and white still,it took a long time to download all the software back to the phone, but well worth it

Yeah but it wont update the software because it keeps connecting and disconnecting. hmmm

Stick it in the airing cupboard for another few days and have another go.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions