Found 13th Apr 2010
Morning all,

I am a looking for a home DVD recorder with Hard Disc that also plays Mpeg files. My old one was a Liteon LVW-5045GDL+ DVD Recorder with 160GB HD, this is now playing up (tray sticks at times and does not open).

Any suggestions?

5 Comments

Banned

have you tried fixing that tray. Sticking is normally caused by it rising up too much. I just put a small weight on the inside bottom of the tray on mine and now works fine.

Original Poster

CSIman - tell me more - not sure exactly what to do mate

Banned

BPD;8352294

CSIman - tell me more - not sure exactly what to do mate

if its gets stuck like mine did when ejecting (mainly when no disk in the drawer), I used a small knife to push the drawer down slightly and then eject worked. If this is the same for you, then I just used superglue to glue a long slim metal rod to the underside rear face of the drawer tray. :thumbsup:

keeping a disk permanently in the drawer had the same effect though :-D

Original Poster

thanks Csiman - a disc is always in their but sticks with it in their.

I will see what i can do but the unit was purchased in 2006.

Banned

BPD;8352676

thanks Csiman - a disc is always in their but sticks with it in their.I … thanks Csiman - a disc is always in their but sticks with it in their.I will see what i can do but the unit was purchased in 2006.

nothign ventured, nothing gained. Gotaa be worth a try. Try the knife trick on the top and bottom to see if it is a simple sticky mechanism
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gas Cooker Hose Required45
    2. Suggest tablet replacement for a Lenovo Yoga 2 8.011
    3. Building a PC Need Help!59
    4. Driving anxiety.99

See more discussions