Groups

HELP!!! ANY HELP = REP FOR YOU :)

Ok, so Im making a short film in school....but as you probaly know schools arent the best places for taking a movie. I've heard of something called "GREEN SCREEN"? But not exactly sure how it works...What i want to know is that can I Just put green paper on the wall behind the one we're filming, then use Adobe Premier Pro elements CS4? And how can this be done.

REP WILL BE ADDED FOR ANY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Comments

yeah you got the just of it

surely your tutor would show you how?

Yep, green paper

Original Poster

so green papers enough?
    can i use yellow paper?

Original Poster

Ive got a whole sheet of yellow paper, can i use that?
    And what do i use, what option in adobe?
    Cheers, adding rep now

if you get a large roll of blue paper and stick it in front of the yellow then that will work just as well.

Original Poster

phatboy123;5097477

yeah you got the just of itsurely your tutor would show you how?

LOL. MY TUTOR?
    The technicians in my school are as THICK as a 2 year old
    Theirs one clever technician, thats it
    One technician didnt even know how to delete a file....:?
    Im more clever than them lol.
    As for my tutor, and english teacher, or any1 else involved....are as thick as 1 yer olds lol
    My tutor doesnt even know how to start a powerpoint :w00t:

Banned

It needs to be a seamless back ground. If you have seams like with large pieces of paper they will show. As to software to use I know pinnacle studio 11 does it. Try a fabric shop its needs to be a thick green so it doesn't let light through.

Can get pinnacle software from the pirate shop

bilalbilal;5097494

so green papers enough?can i use yellow paper?

Any colour that's not on the bits you want to remove from the scene (generally the people) will do.

I've no idea what the process is called, but searching the web for 'Premiere Greenscreen tutorial' should give you a few hints.

Original Poster

Thanks All For Help, Rep Added To All As Promised

bilalbilal;5097533

LOL. MY TUTOR?The technicians in my school are as THICK as a 2 year … LOL. MY TUTOR?The technicians in my school are as THICK as a 2 year oldTheirs one clever technician, thats itOne technician didnt even know how to delete a file....:?Im more clever than them lol.As for my tutor, and english teacher, or any1 else involved....are as thick as 1 yer olds lolMy tutor doesnt even know how to start a powerpoint :w00t:

Well they certainly haven't taught you how to spell.....

The process is a form of matte generation for motion video called Chromakeying.

You record in front of a blue or green screen, paper should work fine as long as it appears seamless.
    Try not to stand too close to the background, otherwise you'll get a background spill.

Once you've finished recording, you transfer the video onto PC, usually with Adobe Premiere.

To remove the background you use Adobe After Effects. First start a new project, import your video into After Effects and then drag it into the timeline.

The tool you want to remove background is under:
    Effect > Keying > Color Key
    You use the eyedropper to select the background color that needs removing, and then adjust settings to get a clean cut. This should give you an acceptable video without background.

There's more advanced ways to remove the background, one of the methods I've used that produces nice results is described in ]this tutorial

Original Poster

virus;5097662

Well they certainly haven't taught you how to spell.....

LOL. Typed in a rush. I can spell perfectly
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media TV56
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions