Groups

HELP any ideas for decorating a hard boiled egg or eggs

After doing this for 6years with two kids forthe past 4years I have ran out of ideas or the ones I have the kids wont do. Anyone got any sensible, suitable ideas that are easy to do. Know I'm asking a lot but rep will be given. Thanks

31 Comments

I am in the same boat as you this year carcaroca - my brain has stopped working and can't think of anything and the kids are coming up with impossible requests so I will watch this thread with interest

this is a good thread as im stuck too!
    in the past iv done -
    footballer on the pitch
    jack sparrow
    helicopter
    ladybird
    robot
    fire engine
    eye

Our school is doing a cress egg head competition, we decorated ours today. I painted it white and drew on whiskers and a nose, we stuck on seem wiggly eyes and use bright pink pipe cleaners for ears.

Dont know who had more fun me or my son!! but then this is my first year so i'll soon get bored

Ohh Bambu do you have pics of the fire engine one as my youngest would love that but I am trying hard to picture an egg shaped fire engine!

Mine when I was at school was a hEGGdgehog lol, spent hours cutting the ends of cocktail sticks, painting them brown and sticking them on.

Nightmare and I didn't win lol.

fireheaven;4780687

Ohh Bambu do you have pics of the fire engine one as my youngest would … Ohh Bambu do you have pics of the fire engine one as my youngest would love that but I am trying hard to picture an egg shaped fire engine!

right get a box paint (a weetabix box the size with 12 in) it as a fire engine then make a hole in the top decorate the egg as the driver slot it in the hole paint some black circles for the wheels and hey presto!

Original Poster

We have in the past tried to use the macdonalds toys or current film as inspiration; ie
    finding nemo (We actually won with this one)
    narnia
    star wars
    have also done
    a baby
    a ladybird
    a rabbit
    I suggested doing a friut bowl ie five aday as all the schools are pushing healthy eating but neither of them want to do it. I also suggested to my DD russian dolls I would get three different size eggs but she wont do that either.

spider1986;4780710

Mine when I was at school was a hEGGdgehog lol, spent hours cutting the … Mine when I was at school was a hEGGdgehog lol, spent hours cutting the ends of cocktail sticks, painting them brown and sticking them on. Nightmare and I didn't win lol.

yeah you can do this with spiders too a bit like your avvy the egg as the body

is it better to boil or blow the eggs?

Humpty Dumpty

my mum did me a bride and groom when i was at school and i won first prize out of the whole school, she was well chuffed.

Original Poster

lisa_2;4780873

my mum did me a bride and groom when i was at school and i won first … my mum did me a bride and groom when i was at school and i won first prize out of the whole school, she was well chuffed.

The kids have to do them themselves at school on friday

our local pub had an egg comp years ago and i made mine into madonna using two eggs and decorating them as the famous jean paul gautier conical bra!!
    i thought it was brill but poss not for kiddies to do :w00t:

starsparkle2311;4781008

good, it's nice for them to do it, makes the comp fairer

Yeah I would rather that as some parents go way over the top and the kids don't even get to enjoy doing it themselves

Original Poster

Just want to say thanks button moon for all the links unfortunately they all seem to be for just colouring the egg not making it into a character.

thanks for some of the ideas x

Well, if anyone does one, be sure to enter the compo on Quidco: quidco.com/blo…269

http://k.b5z.net/i/u/6050557/i/bunny3.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/familycrafts/1/5/i/q/1/eggduck_step-1.jpg

http://k.b5z.net/i/u/6050557/i/frog.jpg

Banned

How about any of the Mr Men characters

cacaroca;4781100

Just want to say thanks button moon for all the links unfortunately they … Just want to say thanks button moon for all the links unfortunately they all seem to be for just colouring the egg not making it into a character.

egg characters how to's with pics
    canadaegg.ca/bin…21&
    bunny
    familycrafts.about.com/od/…htm
    how to make Easter Egg Monster
    holiday-kids-crafts.suite101.com/art…ers
    Easter Egg Heads
    crafts.kaboose.com/eas…tml
    Baby Megg Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…177
    Daddy Deggster Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…164
    Super-man Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…121
    Bee Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…175
    Bluebird Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…174
    Easter Egg Chicks
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…798
    Egg Bunny
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…208
    Mouse Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…146
    Pig Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…139
    Purple Cow Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…133
    Sheep Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…129

Mom Peggy Egg ( add tiara for princess egg or wings for fairy egg )
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…147

Grandpa Gregg Egg
    jas.familyfun.go.com/art…153

I won in school with a peeled hardboiled egg which I named 'The Streaker'! Very easy to do!! ;-)

my little one gotta do this for school for friday too.x

http://www.serato.com/sharedimages/avatars/1/weebl.gif

tangoed66;4782894

I won in school with a peeled hardboiled egg which I named 'The … I won in school with a peeled hardboiled egg which I named 'The Streaker'! Very easy to do!! ;-)

I love that one!!! :w00t:

Cool!:thumbsup:

Original Poster

In the end my daughter done a butterfly in an easter garden and won 3rd prize a small choc buttons egg and my son done pacman the game and didn't win anything. Thanks to everyone for there help.

if u crack the shells slightly and use food colourings you can actually colour the egg inside in a tie dye fashion.. makes it look like a marbling effect and its still edible!

ClarityofMind;4822999

if u crack the shells slightly and use food colourings you can actually … if u crack the shells slightly and use food colourings you can actually colour the egg inside in a tie dye fashion.. makes it look like a marbling effect and its still edible!

traditionly, we do this with red dye for celebrations then eat it.:thumbsup:

my little one did peppa pig,even though it look nothing like her but she was really proud-she didnt win but all the kids got sweets, a lindt bunny and cake!!x

cacaroca;4822973

In the end my daughter done a butterfly in an easter garden and won 3rd … In the end my daughter done a butterfly in an easter garden and won 3rd prize a small choc buttons egg and my son done pacman the game and didn't win anything. Thanks to everyone for there help.

aw well done to her and your son too !!xxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free EE data (contract)22
      2. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER810
      3. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?48
      4. Best laptop for a budget of £700?11

See more discussions