Expired

Help - Anyone know how to get a Versus 9" Tablet into Firmware Update mode ?

Found 29th Aug 2013
Bought 2 of these for a charity I am involved with and want to upgrade the firmware...

Versus manual states "Hold down Vol+, insert USB Cable then press power button 10 times" - tried all combinations on timing etc and cannot get it to work...

Anyone else manager ?
Community Updates
AskTablet
6 Comments
general way on most android devices is hold vol -, menu, then power on holding all three buttons till you see recovery menu. i don't have personal experience with this particular tablet but i think is worth to try. otherwise go to forum.xda-developers.com/
Original Poster
Thanks, as a budget table there is no menu key, and no combination of Vol+/vol- and power keys seems to be working.

My old San Francisco was much easier than this ...
Give this website a try, this is PDF file for the Single Core 9 inch Versus tablet. versusuk.com/ass…pdf
Original Poster
Sprograt

Give this website a try, this is PDF file for the Single Core 9 inch … Give this website a try, this is PDF file for the Single Core 9 inch Versus tablet. http://versusuk.com/assets/downloads/sc/general/versus-touchtab-single-core-firmware-upgrade-guide.pdf

Thanks, those are the instructions I am following, but they dont seem to work.
Try holding the V- not the V+, i had this problem with the joytabs and thats how i got it to work.
Original Poster
For reference, you hold down Vol+ and insert the USB cable. No need to press power or anything.

And the software doesnt work on Windows 8 either, so I have to dig out an old Vista laptop...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions