Groups

Help anyone know the name of a spirit found in Former Yugoslavia/Bosnia/Croatia?

My missus has just reminded me of a spirit I bought whilst out in Bosnia with the Army in 97, I thought it was called cushdevac Or something similar but google in helping on this one. It's mining if drank straight but mix it with Milk and you got a cracking alcoholic banana milkshake. Anyone know of it's name, so I can get some (from where???).

33 Comments

vodka? try doing an image search on google see if the pic jogs your memory.

Don't know what its called, but I'll bet if you have some local East Europeans handy, you could speak to them as there are usually people within the 'community' who do trips weekly or monthly, importing the foods and stuff that cannot be bought here.
    I've seen loads of Polish shops, but never any Balkans ones (Serbian/Bosnian/Croation etc)

Raki - the same as in Albania.

I have tasted it on my trips to Albania and Croatia - knocks your brains out!

Original Poster

bassman_uk;3538755

Don't know what its called, but I'll bet if you have some local East … Don't know what its called, but I'll bet if you have some local East Europeans handy, you could speak to them as there are usually people within the 'community' who do trips weekly or monthly, importing the foods and stuff that cannot be bought here.I've seen loads of Polish shops, but never any Balkans ones (Serbian/Bosnian/Croation etc)

It doesn't help that I don't know the proper name of it like, I'll have a look about for that sort of shop, cheers. Is McLovin still about he's from the Former Yugoslavia ain't he?
    krjgreen;3538738

vodka

It's not Vodka, I'm pretty sure of that.

Predikuesi;3538774

isn't Raki the same as Rakija?
    If so, then thats Plum Brandy

Paddy_o_furniture;3538780

It doesn't help that I don't know the proper name of it like, I'll have a … It doesn't help that I don't know the proper name of it like, I'll have a look about for that sort of shop, cheers.

But if you describe it to them, they might know!

Original Poster

Predikuesi;3538774

You sure? Cheers if right

Original Poster

I been going round in circles, no where makes reference to mixing it with milk, and tasting like Milkshake.

Its the Banana bit thats throwing me!

bassman_uk;3538792

isn't Raki the same as Rakija?If so, then thats Plum Brandy

It is made from different things in Albania. Sometimes, peach, or potato, or wheat. Depends on what is available or in season. Always turns out clear like vodka. I'm not a drinker, but it seems more potent than vodka. Don't know about Rakija.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;3538774

Raki - the same as in Albania.I have tasted it on my trips to Albania and … Raki - the same as in Albania.I have tasted it on my trips to Albania and Croatia - knocks your brains out!

I got no idea where I got the name cushdevac from. Croatia is a top country even when I was there back in 97, stayed in Split briefly and on a Yank camp in Zagreb.

Predikuesi;3538834

It is made from different things in Albania. Sometimes, peach, or potato, … It is made from different things in Albania. Sometimes, peach, or potato, or wheat. Depends on what is available or in season. Always turns out clear like vodka. I'm not a drinker, but it seems more potent than vodka. Don't know about Rakija.

Well, the stuff my missus' family bring back from Serbia is head blowing, especially when heated and sugar added!!

Just found this does it ring a bell :
    I knew that the name of Krusevac was not new for me and that I had read it somewhere. Of course, that was on a bottle of spirit !

Original Poster

bassman_uk;3538826

Its the Banana bit thats throwing me!

Tell me about it, she mentioned it yesterday to me and I thought google would find me the right answer straight away, If it was just me that remembered it, I would of thought I was going mental, but I brought some back for the missus. (then g/f)

I bet the milk / banana is just added in some areas of the country. I know that in Albania Raki is mixed with all kinds of things for different purposes ranging from medicinal to disinfecting.

Original Poster

darren9030;3538853

Just found this does it ring a bell :I knew that the name of Krusevac was … Just found this does it ring a bell :I knew that the name of Krusevac was not new for me and that I had read it somewhere. Of course, that was on a bottle of spirit !

Legend, that must be the stuff! Cheers

Predikuesi;3538879

I bet the milk / banana is just added in some areas of the country. I … I bet the milk / banana is just added in some areas of the country. I know that in Albania Raki is mixed with all kinds of things for different purposes ranging from medicinal to disinfecting.

True - Serbian Rakija is also used on cuts and burns, etc as antiseptic!

Original Poster

darren9030;3538896

http://www.rubin.co.yu/EnglVer/prica_o_nama_en.html

I'm sure to find it now, cheers

Paddy_o_furniture;3538918

I'm sure to find it now, cheers

No probs, good luck :thumbsup:

Banned

Good result for your lot today Paddy. Corner been turned?

Casper

Original Poster

guv;3539003

Good result for your lot today Paddy. Corner been turned?

Who knows, with them lot you never know. Just hope Ashley sells up soon and takes JFK with him. Still haven't taken to him. Still as you say not a bad result, on the backfoot most the game

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;3539022

Who knows, with them lot you never know. Just hope Ashley sells up soon … Who knows, with them lot you never know. Just hope Ashley sells up soon and takes JFK with him. Still haven't taken to him. Still as you say not a bad result, on the backfoot most the game

I know.... I watched it! Thought they played OK to be fair.

Original Poster

You there for some odd reason? or you watch on t'inernet

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;3539108

You there for some odd reason? or you watch on t'inernet

neither!!!:p

Original Poster

In a pub?

Banned

Close! At home.. On Satellite. Nova (Galaxie) Sports. Full English Commentary too.

Original Poster

guv;3539184

Close! At home.. On Satellite. Nova (Galaxie) Sports. Full English … Close! At home.. On Satellite. Nova (Galaxie) Sports. Full English Commentary too.

Flash get!:thumbsup:

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;3539210

Flash get!:thumbsup:

Not really. You could have been watching it too for £130 for the season (and the next and next ...)

Original Poster

Tell me more

Banned

Paddy_o_furniture;3539240

Tell me more

]
    Every one of these
    would get it for you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions