Help appreciated with time lapse dashcam/actioncam

Found 10th Jun
Hello all,

I'm looking forward to a summer road trip in the US (including through death valley), and would very much like to capture my epic drive. As the journey is going to be several weeks I would ideally like to capture my drive via some kind of camera which can take photographs every 5 or 10 or 30 seconds. I'd hope to be able to knit the pictures together later (not worried about this bit).

I'm not bothered with GPS location for the photos and I'm really not wanting to capture it all on video (as otherwise it will require numerous SD cards I have to worry about).

Heat is another factor, as I'll be driving through a desert the camera will need to be able to deal with strong direct sunlight.

My preference would be a dashcam but I guess an action camera with the right window mount would work too (though hired car so can't use adhesive pads).

I've been looking for a while now and can't find the ideal solution for what I'd like. I'd also like to find a solution that's not going to cost a small fortune.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Community Updates
AskCamera
1 Comment
I guess everyone is as equally stumped as I am!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants