1. Tes Deals
Groups

Help! - Are these sites legit or not??

I have found a couple of things at great prices at the following websites:

geckodiscount.co.uk
    metrosaver.co.uk

BUT I'm not sure that they are legit and safe to buy from, is there anything I can do to find out or should I just be safe and continue to avoid them??

The checkout procedure does not seem to be secure to me so I did not enter my card details - also, the first site claims that you can pay by paypal (which I fell would be a little safer) but then does not let you!

Any help advice would be greatfully received - I guess I will stay away unless I'm really sure - check the sites out if you have a couple of minutes spare and let me know what you think - thanks in advance for any advice!

18 Comments

Banned

thailand and registered on 27th decmber 2009 looks a little dodgy

Domain name:
    metrosaver.co.uk

Registrant:
    Tim Walker

Registrant type:
    UK Individual

Registrant's address:
    998-179 Baan On Nut
    Sukhumvit 77
    Bangkok
    Thailand
    Thailand

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: 123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 10-Aug-2009
    Renewal date: 10-Aug-2011
    Last updated: 15-Nov-2009

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Registrant:
    Gecko Discount

Registrant type:
    Unknown

Registrant's address:
    133/66
    Doi Saket, Chiang Mai
    Chiang Mai
    Thailand

Registrar:
    Easily Limited t/a easily.co.uk [Tag = WEBCONSULTANCY]
    URL: easily.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 27-Dec-2009
    Renewal date: 27-Dec-2011
    Last updated: 27-Dec-2009

Registration status:
    Registration request being processed.

Original Poster

Wow - I guess that answers my question :thumbsup:

I wonder how long they keep going before they get shut down - hate to think how much fraud they could commit, nice little card details collection scam!

how do you guys find out all the details for these sites?

Banned

landofdan;7433231

how do you guys find out all the details for these sites?

whois.domaintools.com/

secretariate.co.uk/
    You'll love this one. This is "Our Registered Office". Your own Knightsbridge address...

Original Poster

Wow! So glad I did not order - I'm sure my card would already be getting abused worldwide!!

Thanks for the help and info from all of you - I have now ordered my items from a slightly more expensive retailer but one in which I have total confidence!

I ordered from Gecko Discount before I seen this post.

I ordered on the 04/01/2010 and my order is still pending. The site says Next Day dispatched so I should get it this week.

If not, I will cancel my debit card and get a new one. It does all sound dodgy. There phone number is not answering and the contact email is not working !

Banned

fredsarran;7464429

I ordered from Gecko Discount before I seen this post.I ordered on the … I ordered from Gecko Discount before I seen this post.I ordered on the 04/01/2010 and my order is still pending. The site says Next Day dispatched so I should get it this week.If not, I will cancel my debit card and get a new one. It does all sound dodgy. There phone number is not answering and the contact email is not working !

you have lost that money mate

fragaliciousbob;7464449

you have lost that money mate

So what happens next ? They do not send the goods, take my money (the order was less than £30) and thats it ?

So do they have my card details or is it just the payment system that have them ? I mean, did I just loose my £30 and I can live with that or can they take all my money from my bank account ?

I noticed that the email confirming my order, is the same format than the one from coolshop co uk - and that at Gecko there is no pad lock showing at the top right of my browser when checking out :x

Good or bad news ? On Gecko you need to register a user account, but it seems to not give you the option to save the card details. So do that then means that they do not have my card details and it is a one off scam ?

Reverse IP shows up a few companys started by same. Know doubt for Phishing.
    domaintools.com/rev….uk

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who has actually lost any money, or indeed anyone with any problem here except that the registrant is overseas!

Please, Please post details of how you have been defrauded (if you have) but lay of the stupid comments like "you've lost you money mate!" as that's no help to anyone.

There is no actual suggestion here that anyone has actually lost any money has there? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Hi again,

Today, I received a email from Gecko Discount stating that my order got cancelled and refunded. Again, when I phone, I always get a answering machine with a british voice (not mentioning Gecko) and when sending a email to there only contact address, I get a server error email back.

I have not yet noticed any money being taken off my account.

I ordered from geckodiscount.co.uk on the 30th December for a total sum of £90. The transaction was done through paypal.com so I'm going claim that money back asap. This was my first paypal transaction so if anyone could message me (or post here) regarding how I go about filing a report, I'd be very, very grateful. Can't believe I was such a fool.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: The payment status on paypal is 'unclaimed'. Can I safely cancel this payment with the money going back into my bank?

Edit2: Rang Paypal, cancelled the payment and apparently it should go back into my bank account within the next 48 hours. He also said the payment e-mail (cpayments@geckodiscount.co.uk) was not actually in existence and that is why the payment could not be processed.

Glad I found this thread. I just found a Fisher Price Jumperoo for £35 on Gecko Discount, having linked to it from Google Products. That's £60 cheaper than Argos. It just seemed too good to be true, and clearly is.
    You would think that Google would be stricter about who they let use their Products service. It's not the first time I've seen dodgy dealers offering unbelievable prices through there.

i orderd from devil sportswear does anyone know i they are dodgy???? and do i need to cancell my debit card????

I ordered a shirt from Devil Sportswear and I now think they are a bit dodgy. Do I need to cancel my debit card???????? , and to inform the police and the bank.

i lost money by using this website which was then, devil sportswear. they did send me my itme which was fair enough but as it was the wrong size i sent it back and asked for a refund and never heard anything back form them at all. total scam.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846192
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764288
      3. Did you know?2950
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917260

See more discussions