help! argos 30 day money back guarentee issue

Hello I bought a ds lite yesterday and I ment to add the free accesories and game deal they have got on. but I forgot
As these are excluded from the 30 day money back guarentee do you think I have a cat in hells chance of getting refund so I could re buy?

I hate losing out on a bargain I should have double checked but being a IDIOT!! i didnt

any help will be repped

13 Comments

Was it instore or online? If it was instore go back to customer services and explain the situation, not everybody in retail sales is a monster. If the package is still sealed then that would be even better. If you bought online then don't you have a period of grace to return unwanted items? I'm sure distance selling rules apply.

Original Poster

pugw$sh;6875165

Was it instore or online? If it was instore go back to customer services … Was it instore or online? If it was instore go back to customer services and explain the situation, not everybody in retail sales is a monster. If the package is still sealed then that would be even better. If you bought online then don't you have a period of grace to return unwanted items? I'm sure distance selling rules apply.

yeah I bought instore yesterday and it is still sealed

i did this the other week when it was the ps3 and xbox offer buy a game and get an accessorie half price well i didnt see it until i had been to the colection point so i went back and asked if it was possible to get the charging station for half price they said yes no problem and didnt even refund me just put the charging station through on its own so you should be alright

If the above doesnt work, just tell them its faulty and that somethings not working correctly (some thing they can't check)

There terms and conditions are here:
[COLOR=#810081]argos.co.uk/sta…htm[/COLOR]

just explain ( by phone )how you wanted the package deal but forgot to add them, hopefully the manager will undertsand

Go into store (the same one you purchased from) and explain that you wanted a package deal but forgot the other numbers.

All you will need is your reciept, they will honour the bundle.

I bought 2 dsi for £149.99 each a couple of weeks ago. On tuesday i noticed online that they were now giving a free game and accessory pack with the dsi. On my reciept it says the product is exempt from the 30 money back thing. I went instore with my dsi's and told them i was returning them as they were a duplicate present and they said they were exempt from the money back guarantee. I said thats fine, i will take an argos gift card for the amount. I got the money back on gift cards with no problems and then just rebought with the free items

gemmar26;6875705

I bought 2 dsi for £149.99 each a couple of weeks ago. On tuesday i … I bought 2 dsi for £149.99 each a couple of weeks ago. On tuesday i noticed online that they were now giving a free game and accessory pack with the dsi. On my reciept it says the product is exempt from the 30 money back thing. I went instore with my dsi's and told them i was returning them as they were a duplicate present and they said they were exempt from the money back guarantee. I said thats fine, i will take an argos gift card for the amount. I got the money back on gift cards with no problems and then just rebought with the free items

Brilliant :thumbsup:

ceira*freya;6875171

yeah I bought instore yesterday and it is still sealed

as it is still sealed you should be able to return it anyway, but as others have said if you explain the situation I am sure they will do it for you, you'll be taking away the same ds lite so it doesn't affect them.

gemmar26;6875705

I bought 2 dsi for £149.99 each a couple of weeks ago. On tuesday i … I bought 2 dsi for £149.99 each a couple of weeks ago. On tuesday i noticed online that they were now giving a free game and accessory pack with the dsi. On my reciept it says the product is exempt from the 30 money back thing. I went instore with my dsi's and told them i was returning them as they were a duplicate present and they said they were exempt from the money back guarantee. I said thats fine, i will take an argos gift card for the amount. I got the money back on gift cards with no problems and then just rebought with the free items

What store was that, thats really really stupid that they did that.

The biggest misconseption people have is if its excluded from the money back garauntee I can have a gift card. That is not the case.

If its excluded that means you cannot have a refund unless its faulty.

Best to do in a case like this is explain the situation properly instead of lying, and they WILL do it for you.

Supermod

I am sure if you went instore they will just scan the items and present you with the free gifts that you would have been eligible for if you had added them to your basket.

Go down the route that you were "eligible" for them and not "entitled" to them.

Bryan839;6875740

What store was that, thats really really stupid that they did that.The … What store was that, thats really really stupid that they did that.The biggest misconseption people have is if its excluded from the money back garauntee I can have a gift card. That is not the case. If its excluded that means you cannot have a refund unless its faulty.Best to do in a case like this is explain the situation properly instead of lying, and they WILL do it for you.

argos middleton. I did ring argos first and explained that there is now an offer on an item i had bought and they told me that they have sales and things often so if something is half price or you get a free gift i could not take an item back with that as the reason for returning. I got my money back on a card so i achieved what i set out to do therefore i am happy. i dont think i will lose any sleep over the fact that i told them it was a duplicate pressy rather than the 'truth'.

the dsi's were also suitable for them to resell as they were still sealed so they haven't lost anything! Anyway i did someone a favour as red ones were all oos so i ended up getting black so there were 2 red dsi's there for someone to buy

Original Poster

Hi guys! thanks for all your support !! I have been back to the store she just refunded and then I had to buy it again with the package

Got to go to work now :x roll on 8oclock and i will come home and send u all rep :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware48
    2. Dreams bed sale.32
    3. VM Super Hub 3 printer issues35
    4. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid46

See more discussions