Posted 14th Nov 2021
I hope this is okay to ask. My daughter wants a tablet/laptop to play roblox on (royal high mainly)
We currently have a Samsung tab A 2019 and an older lenovo along with a chromebook None allow her to play and are so laggy it constantly crashes and goes off.

Problem is I only have around £180-£200 budget. I dont mind refurbished/used from somewhere with a warranty.

Please can anyone advise? I really dont understand what I need to be looking for.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
23 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I have bought mobile phones from Game before and they also sell tablets. They come with a 2 year warranty and I have never had an issue with them. They are refurb or second hand ones.
  2. Avatar
    I’d recommend a laptop which would cope better with games than a tablet, cex offer 24months warranty but they are inflated compared to eBay
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Do you have any idea what numbers I should be looking at?
  4. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 11:37

Do you have any idea what numbers I should be looking at?

System hardware requirements
    Graphics Card: On PC/Windows, the Roblox application requires DirectX 10 or higher feature level support. For the best performance we recommend either a computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card, or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
    Processor: Roblox recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
    RAM or Memory: Roblox recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
    Storage Space: Roblox recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
  5. Avatar
    Author
    Oh wow its a minefield. I have no idea.

So would a lenovo P11 work? Not the pro.
    Or the new amazon HD10? HD10 plus I think it is?
  6. Avatar
    I think you’d be better off buying an Xbox series S, it’s only slightly over your budget and you can connect it to a tv.

xbox.com/en-GB/games/roblox

Most of the second hand laptops in your budget won’t run it at all or very well, nor will the PC’s either. So the Xbox would be a good options as you can always easily sell it if she loses interest in gaming or she can play other games too on it.

argos.co.uk/pro…248
    Edited by: "deleted2402824" 14th Nov 2021
  7. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 12:06

Oh wow its a minefield. I have no idea. So would a lenovo P11 work? Not …Oh wow its a minefield. I have no idea. So would a lenovo P11 work? Not the pro. Or the new amazon HD10? HD10 plus I think it is?

To somewhat echo hotukscams, you won't get much worth buying for <£200, you would be better off getting a games console like a Series S. There is a subscription service on Xbox called Game Pass - that allows you to stream games to any laptop or android device (phones and tablets). This means the console will be doing all the hard work, but with your laptop/tablet displaying the game, that will negate any lag issues
  8. Avatar
    Author
    We do have games consoles but you can't chat on roblox on the xbox.

I feel so stuck. I have to buy 2 so can't really go over £200 each.
    Thank you for all your help
  9. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 13:48

We do have games consoles but you can't chat on roblox on the xbox. I feel …We do have games consoles but you can't chat on roblox on the xbox. I feel so stuck. I have to buy 2 so can't really go over £200 each. Thank you for all your help

Roblox on xbox supports live party chat. You can voice chat with a headset. I'm assuming their friends play on PC, and as such, they can't chat with them through xbox, is that the issue?
  10. Avatar
    Author
    Her friends play on an ipad/mobile phone.

They havent used voice chat it was more in game chat for trading I think the problem was
  11. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 13:48

We do have games consoles but you can't chat on roblox on the xbox. I feel …We do have games consoles but you can't chat on roblox on the xbox. I feel so stuck. I have to buy 2 so can't really go over £200 each. Thank you for all your help

From what I can see you can chat with other Xbox players but not with anyone else
  12. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 14:03

Her friends play on an ipad/mobile phone. They havent used voice chat it …Her friends play on an ipad/mobile phone. They havent used voice chat it was more in game chat for trading I think the problem was

I really know very little about Roblox since I don't play it. But some light googling says this tablet plays it without issue - and it's a preety decent spec tablet for the money

hotukdeals.com/dea…-14

Here's a video of someone playing a roblox game on it. No visible lag

13. Avatar
    Author
    Oh that looks good. Thank you. Tempted to just get 2 of those. Thank you again
  14. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 15:33

Oh that looks good. Thank you. Tempted to just get 2 of those. Thank you …Oh that looks good. Thank you. Tempted to just get 2 of those. Thank you again

No problem. If their friends play on phone/tablet, I suppose it makes sense if they do too. The only other option for around £200 is a chromebook, if they would prefer a mouse and keyboard to play.
  15. Avatar
    I know nothing about Roblox but this tablet is in your max budget and is quite powerful for the Money £199.99, 2.3Ghz Octa core processor with 4Gb Ram & 64Gb Storage. Looking at the Q&A's, a question was asked if it will play Roblox and the answer from the Argos Rep was that it would. Have included the link so you can check for yourself. Hope this helps
    argos.co.uk/pro…052
  16. Avatar
    LadiesMan2I714/11/2021 16:09

I know nothing about Roblox but this tablet is in your max budget and is …I know nothing about Roblox but this tablet is in your max budget and is quite powerful for the Money £199.99, 2.3Ghz Octa core processor with 4Gb Ram & 64Gb Storage. Looking at the Q&A's, a question was asked if it will play Roblox and the answer from the Argos Rep was that it would. Have included the link so you can check for yourself. Hope this helps https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8184052

The P11 plus I linked is fairly significantly better than the M10 for only £17 more. That's also the standard price for the M10, while the P11 plus is discounted to £217 as part of black Friday deals.

Here's a side by side comparison

smartprix.com/tab…php
  17. Avatar
    Author
    For some reason I can't seen to buy that p11 plus? It says I can't create an account on there to buy

A local shop has a normal p11 in for £175 which is why I included it in my original post

Thank you will look at those links to.
  18. Avatar
    Yeah i dont disagree, if it was me i would go for the P11 as well. Was trying to keep within Max budget
  19. Avatar
    Sarah_Lovatt8tK14/11/2021 16:33

For some reason I can't seen to buy that p11 plus? It says I can't create …For some reason I can't seen to buy that p11 plus? It says I can't create an account on there to buyA local shop has a normal p11 in for £175 which is why I included it in my original post Thank you will look at those links to.

Sorry. The thread actually links you to a student portal, my bad. Here's a link to the Lenovo website directly, and it's actually cheaper now at £212

lenovo.com/gb/en/tablets/android-tablets/lenovo-tab-series/Lenovo-Tab-P11-Plus/p/ZA940237GB
    Edited by: "J_." 14th Nov 2021
  20. Avatar
    Author
    Really appreciate all the help.
    I don't think I can get that p11 plus from that website though
  21. Avatar
    Author
    Thank you that works now

I think that's definitely what I'll go for
    Much appreciated
Post a comment
Top Merchants