Groups

Help Backing Up Songs

Hey ive got 800 songs but i want to back up

Now 100 of those were bought off itunes

Now everytime i put a dvd into the drive and drag and drop a song into it my pc crashes - i cant seem to find a way to back up songs to dvd easily - my pc is caput i think have had since 2003 -- would it be worthwhile me buying an external hard drive with like 25gb (if they do those)

Daniel

5 Comments

What program are you using to burn?

Never had a problem using Nero, even with 'protected' content!

I do a backup of all music files every now and then onto a DVD-RW, but media are cheap enough these days to use a dvd-r each time.

I'd check your burning prog!

Original Poster

jayhab

What program are you using to burn?Never had a problem using Nero, even … What program are you using to burn?Never had a problem using Nero, even with 'protected' content!I do a backup of all music files every now and then onto a DVD-RW, but media are cheap enough these days to use a dvd-r each time.I'd check your burning prog!

All i do is get the song and drag it onto thw dvd -its not for playing its a storage medium --Instant cd+dvd is my burning program but havent tried it with the songs yet

Banned

Try burning them instead of dragging & dropping, that should work fine.
    You can get small external drives that size, but it's just as cheap to get a 200
    Gb+ one these days.

This one should suite the job:
    ebuyer.com/UK/…523

The tunes on itunes are safe because you bought them, and can retrieve them anytime

Are you choosing the correct type of project?

e.g. in Nero, you have to tell the program if you want to burn a cd or dvd, then choose cd-rom/dvd rom; audio cd; dvd movie etc etc

You will be wanting to burn a dvd rom.

I'm not familiar with your burning program so that may or may not work,

if it doesn't, I'd grab a copy of Nero from 'you know where', and use that:

chosse the type of project as above, drag all the songs that you want to back up into the 'window' and hit 'burn'

Banned

dandoc2

Hey ive got 800 songs but i want to back up Now 100 of those were bought … Hey ive got 800 songs but i want to back up Now 100 of those were bought off itunes Now everytime i put a dvd into the drive and drag and drop a song into it my pc crashes - i cant seem to find a way to back up songs to dvd easily - my pc is caput i think have had since 2003 -- would it be worthwhile me buying an external hard drive with like 25gb (if they do those) Daniel

It sounds like you are trying to create an audio type disc? Just burn them as files ie a DVD Rom. You should'nt have any problems doing this. What software are you using?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions