Groups

Help barring kids calling certain numbers from my home phone

Can anyone tell me if its possible to ban calls to certain telephone numbers from my bt line.

Kids keep calling competition lines at £1 per go and I want to barr them. Is this possible?

Tried BT and they said they would but my bill has just come in for £70!

Any help greatly appreciated

47 Comments

why bar just some numbers? bar all numbers, you can have all outgoing calls password protected.

Break their fingers :-D

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;5328616

why bar just some numbers? bar all numbers, you can have all outgoing … why bar just some numbers? bar all numbers, you can have all outgoing calls password protected.

How do you do this? and what happens in an emergency. Can I leave certain numbers that they can dial eg grandparents/doctor

Banned

dcx_badass;5328637

Errrm parenting fail? Just tell them.

exactly my thoughts.

What a terrible parent the OP must be. I feel sorry for the kids.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5328637

Errrm parenting fail? Just tell them.

Thanks for that, very helpful

Banned

MinstrelMan;5328616

why bar just some numbers? bar all numbers, you can have all outgoing … why bar just some numbers? bar all numbers, you can have all outgoing calls password protected.

This is good unless you have a phone that show you all previous calls made and then all you have to do is scroll through to find the password

Banned

misfire22;5328646

Thanks for that, very helpful

its true.

basically you can't be bothered to teach them anything properly, you want some sort of tool to do your job for you.

Pathetic, and yes, parenting fail.

Original Poster

vibeone;5328657

its true.basically you can't be bothered to teach them anything properly, … its true.basically you can't be bothered to teach them anything properly, you want some sort of tool to do your job for you.Pathetic, and yes, parenting fail.

Seems odd you can be so judgemental when you dont know me or the entire situation. However, thanks for your help

vibeone;5328657

its true.basically you can't be bothered to teach them anything properly, … its true.basically you can't be bothered to teach them anything properly, you want some sort of tool to do your job for you.Pathetic, and yes, parenting fail.

Come back and tell him this when you have kids. I no that not every child listens to there parent even after several tellings. you cant keep watch on the kid 100% of the time so be nice for a change or i will kick your ass.

You can ask the exchange to bar premium rate numbers. Speak to the sales office for BT. As far as I am aware this is a standard feature available to subscribers, and is used in many small companies where their switchboard isn't sophisticated enough to do this for them.

Think some phones (headsets) allow you to BAR number (0871 etc).
    or maybe a payphone

Original Poster

BlondeBella;5328675

Come back and tell him this when you have kids. I no that not every child … Come back and tell him this when you have kids. I no that not every child listens to there parent even after several tellings. you cant keep watch on the kid 100% of the time so be nice for a change or i will kick your ass.

Thanks for your support. Everyone seems so quick to judge. Thought some helpful soul may have been able to offer a useful solution!

Banned

BlondeBella;5328675

Come back and tell him this when you have kids. I no that not every child … Come back and tell him this when you have kids. I no that not every child listens to there parent even after several tellings. you cant keep watch on the kid 100% of the time so be nice for a change or i will kick your ass.

Its not about having kids or otherwise - there is clearly a problem here and using some sort of technology to bar it is not gonna make the problem go away.

and where have you been anyway

Original Poster

vibeone;5328693

Its not about having kids or otherwise - there is clearly a problem here … Its not about having kids or otherwise - there is clearly a problem here and using some sort of technology to bar it is not gonna make the problem go away.

Sometimes its not that cut and dried. You should not be so quick to judge people when you dont have all the facts which would take an eternity to explain

vibeone;5328693

Its not about having kids or otherwise - there is clearly a problem here … Its not about having kids or otherwise - there is clearly a problem here and using some sort of technology to bar it is not gonna make the problem go away.

ok tell me this hun how do you no if his kid does not have a problem that discpline cant help. My neighbour has a child like this and i no how hard it is for them.

i have been hiding and you ditched me on msn:x

Banned

misfire22;5328703

Sometimes its not that cut and dried. You should not be so quick to … Sometimes its not that cut and dried. You should not be so quick to judge people when you dont have all the facts which would take an eternity to explain

"You are a bad parent" does not take an eternity

Banned

BlondeBella;5328709

ok tell me this hun how do you no if his kid does not have a problem that … ok tell me this hun how do you no if his kid does not have a problem that discpline cant help. My neighbour has a child like this and i no how hard it is for them.i have been hiding and you ditched me on msn:x

I don't know of a disability or mental issue (if thats what you are getting at) that makes kids ONLY phone competition lines

Like I said, just another crap parent. This forum is full of them, so I'm sure she'll/he'll be welcomed.

vibeone;5328657

do have any kids? how old are you? have you always done EXACTLY what you were told to do or not to do?

misfire22;5328689

Thanks for your support. Everyone seems so quick to judge. Thought some … Thanks for your support. Everyone seems so quick to judge. Thought some helpful soul may have been able to offer a useful solution!

its ok hun, he liked getting on his high horse some of the times.

vibeone;5328710

"You are a bad parent" does not take an eternity

watch it or i will kick you ass:x

Why not just deduct it from their pocket money!!

misfire22;5328703

Sometimes its not that cut and dried. You should not be so quick to … Sometimes its not that cut and dried. You should not be so quick to judge people when you dont have all the facts which would take an eternity to explain

Ignore him, he likes to stir the pot :P

vibeone;5328721

I don't know of a disability or mental issue (if thats what you are … I don't know of a disability or mental issue (if thats what you are getting at) that makes kids ONLY phone competition lines :DLike I said, just another crap parent. This forum is full of them, so I'm sure she'll/he'll be welcomed.

well come and see me and i will intriduce you to one who does stuff like this. He didnt say they just do this he just want help for this, jumping the gun again arent we.:p

Can you not access you BT account online, there used to be options that you could add or remove from your account from what I can remember. No longer a BT customer as they kept putting my monthly DD up. There was only myself & my daughter and we were at work most of the time, and DD went from £20/mth to £44, then £70 and finally £90! Hardly used the landline due to having a mobile on contract and broadband was with BT. Told them to stick it, robbing b******* in my opinion. So I would keep a check online and see if you can bar certain calls there.

You can call BT and they can put a pin on your phone.

You then type the pin in to lock and unlock the phone.

Without it no calls can be made apart from 999.

Banned

lfc_engravedonheart;5328723

do have any kids? how old are you? have you always done EXACTLY what you … do have any kids? how old are you? have you always done EXACTLY what you were told to do or not to do?

No.

I was a whild child (well not that bad, like any other).

I was taught right from wrong. My parents didn't just ban this and that because they were too idle lazy and crap parents to teach me why I shouldn't.

vibeone;5328794

No.I was a whild child (well not that bad, like any other).I was taught … No.I was a whild child (well not that bad, like any other).I was taught right from wrong. My parents didn't just ban this and that because they were too idle lazy and crap parents to teach me why I shouldn't.

that it me and you are going to have ayap on msn after you lunch mr, need to teach you a few things:p

Been here before myself. had a £140 bill from just 2 days of calls thanks to our 6 now 7 year old. after bt told us about it, we had a stern chat with him about how it was not acceptable and it hasnt happened since. Thankgod!! our usual bill is normally £20-30.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the input good and bad!

Better go now as afraid next knock on the door will be from social services coming to collect my neglected kids!

Misfire just asked a simple question he didn't ask to be judged

Original Poster

jeany123;5328863

Misfire just asked a simple question he didn't ask to be judged

Just for the record......i'm the mum! pic is of one of my sons x (the one without the problems!)

Banned

vibeone;5328794

No.I was a whild child (well not that bad, like any other).I was taught … No.I was a whild child (well not that bad, like any other).I was taught right from wrong. My parents didn't just ban this and that because they were too idle lazy and crap parents to teach me why I shouldn't.

Dude you are a bit of a **** arnt you.

You couldnt possibly know how hard it is to train a kid right from wrong until you have kids of your own

Banned

BlondeBella;5328836

that it me and you are going to have ayap on msn after you lunch mr, need … that it me and you are going to have ayap on msn after you lunch mr, need to teach you a few things:p

Looking forward to it, just be aware I'll give as good as I get

shanecr;5328850

Been here before myself. had a £140 bill from just 2 days of calls thanks … Been here before myself. had a £140 bill from just 2 days of calls thanks to our 6 now 7 year old. after bt told us about it, we had a stern chat with him about how it was not acceptable and it hasnt happened since. Thankgod!! our usual bill is normally £20-30.

Yep... sounds like normal parenting! Exactly what I mean.

misfire22;5328854

Thanks for all the input good and bad!Better go now as afraid next knock … Thanks for all the input good and bad!Better go now as afraid next knock on the door will be from social services coming to collect my neglected kids!

I didn't say you neglected them - I'm sure you don't, I just said in this instance you look like one lazy crap parent. I did explain my view, but I guess you didn't bother to read it.

PabloInTheSky;5328895

Dude you are a bit of a **** arnt you.You couldnt possibly know how hard … Dude you are a bit of a **** arnt you.You couldnt possibly know how hard it is to train a kid right from wrong until you have kids of your own

So you're saying the majority put blocks on their phone lines do they? Or do the majority just teach the kids right from wrong? shanecr above describes the right way to do things. Oh and yes, yes I am, but then so are you, and theres a lot more evidence to prove that than vice versa

misfire22;5328878

Just for the record......i'm the mum! pic is of one of my sons x (the one … Just for the record......i'm the mum! pic is of one of my sons x (the one without the problems!)

sorry hun thought you were the dad:oops: xx

vibeone;5328909

Looking forward to it, just be aware I'll give as good as I get

oh you better be good then as your so getting an ass kick for being nasty and jumping the gun. Not everything is black or white:thumbsup: x

Do You Give Them Pocket Money Or Treats? Just Stop Them

misfire22;5328878

Just for the record......i'm the mum! pic is of one of my sons x (the one … Just for the record......i'm the mum! pic is of one of my sons x (the one without the problems!)

Sorry

Banned

vibeone;5328909

So you're saying the majority put blocks on their phone lines do they? … So you're saying the majority put blocks on their phone lines do they? Or do the majority just teach the kids right from wrong? shanecr above describes the right way to do things. Oh and yes, yes I am, but then so are you, and theres a lot more evidence to prove that than vice versa

Well msot people do put blocks on there phones as it does seem to help when the kids dont listen

Banned

PabloInTheSky;5329021

Well msot people do put blocks on there phones as it does seem to help … Well msot people do put blocks on there phones as it does seem to help when the kids dont listen

Oh that is a classic comment. I can't wait to see the proof of that. Come on then, point to anywhere that even hints that - in your own words - MOST people block their phone lines.

to resolve this discussion i have started a post to see who does and doesnt.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281972
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions