Help, Bricked Amazon Fire TV 2 4k!!!

Posted 23rd Feb 2019
Please help, my Amazon Fire TV 2 4k box was working fine....

I did a factory reset through the settings.

when it restarted I'm stuck on the Welcome to prime page, after logging in..

is there a way to manually reset or install the factory ROM....

any other solutions worth a shot?

I've tried forced restart and forced factory reset and still stuck in the same screen...

I'll post some pics shortly.

thank you in advance...

UPDATE ≥>>≥>>>≥>>>>>>

Good and bad news, left it for 1 day plugged in and I believe that Amazon Tech pushed an update to it.....

So the good is it's working now with the most recent update.... The bad is I can;t root it as this update does not allow it

Thanks to all that contributed ideas during my time of panic.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Have you tried this - LINK
37123642-TsuGE.jpg
GNKelly071 h, 48 m ago

Have you tried this - LINK

Tried that but can't get to the recovery screen
37123819-r3ivo.jpg
RiverDragon823/02/2019 13:56

Comment deleted

Tried that.... Contacted amazon have to wait 5 days for technical escalation...
Kevlar.Engineer23/02/2019 16:47

Tried that.... Contacted amazon have to wait 5 days for technical …Tried that.... Contacted amazon have to wait 5 days for technical escalation...

Is it out of warranty? They normally send you a replacement
mtsk2 h, 39 m ago

Is it out of warranty? They normally send you a replacement

I think I bought it 2015/16
Looking at XDA forums, is there a way to unbrick, and flash the most upto date rom?? Does any1 have any experience with this?? walkthoughs? etc.

Thanks
Kevlar.Engineer26/02/2019 16:48

Looking at XDA forums, is there a way to unbrick, and flash the most upto …Looking at XDA forums, is there a way to unbrick, and flash the most upto date rom?? Does any1 have any experience with this?? walkthoughs? etc.Thanks

Try this aftvnews.com/how…tv/
wingedmonkey11 m ago

Try this …Try this http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-unbrick-by-entering-recovery-mode-and-factory-reset-the-amazon-fire-tv/

Thanks I've tried this however get stuck on this screen, with no option to "Factory reset option" . Thanks

I'm searching for a solution to just format it and install a stock rom, but i don't know where to start. will have a look at that website. Thanks

Kevlar.Engineer23rd Feb

[Image]

Have you tried using ADB to get it into recovery?
Good and bad news, left if for 1 day plugged in and it I believe that Amazon Tech pushed an update to it.....

So the good this is it's working now with the most recent update.... but I can;t root it as this update does not allow it

Thanks to all that contributed ideas during my time of panic.
You dont really need root
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants