Groups

Help Bringing my UK Car back to UK from Gibraltar i need insurance???

Hi

I have a UK car which I brough to Gibraltar 2 years ago and had to change it to Gibraltar plates now I am going back to the UK and need insurance as my insurance runs out the day we go back.

The car in on Gibraltar plates so I need to go to the DVLA and import it back to UK but I need an insurance company that will insure me for a few days until I do this?

Does anyone know any companies that will do this for me??

Thanks

6 Comments

the title confused me

Banned

MinstrelMan;2380507

the title confused me

me 2... "Help Bringing my UK back to UK " :?

If you get a green card with your Gib insurance then you're covered for other European countries, usually for 14 days.

As the car has been in Gib for 2 years I'm guessing it has low mileage?:giggle:

dont you get a cooling off period?

Original Poster

cis_groupie;2380545

If you get a green card with your Gib insurance then you're covered for … If you get a green card with your Gib insurance then you're covered for other European countries, usually for 14 days.As the car has been in Gib for 2 years I'm guessing it has low mileage?:giggle:

No the car is a UK car but when you come to Gibraltar you have to then register it here, I am going back to the UK and now I have to register it back on UK plates!

The problem is my Gibraltar insurance runs out on the 28th August which is the day I arrive back in the UK, so I need a company in the Uk that will insure me on Gib plates until I get to the DVLA and change it to the Uk plates.

Original Poster

DangerGod;2380538

me 2... "Help Bringing my UK back to UK " :?

oops changed it to say car hehe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012493
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!913
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27149
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.2226

See more discussions