Help (BSOD) Critical_Structure_Corruption

Found 8th Dec 2017
Been using this pc for over 2 years now, and I'm suddenly getting this blue screen error "Critical_Structure_Corruption". It's not a one off either, as it has happened over 10 times in the last few days. Everything from as soon as windows is logged in to 2 hours it will cause this error.

Things i've tried
1)Updated every driver
2)Removed each stick of ram at a time (I have 2) to see if any of that is causing it.
3)Used onboard graphics instead of my gpu.
4) Run a system memory test.
5)Checked for programs that could be causing this.

I'm not sure what to do, please help.
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Original Poster
Ran a dump checker and this comes up : gyazo.com/f5f…af0
Next to the error when it crashes does it list a driver name like something.sys
In fact your dump file says it ntoskrnl.exe

tqke a look theough this Link

or this Link1
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 8th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Thank you, but it seems that is a bit outdated. The links on the site are not working ;/
ImBad_-1111557917980165952 m ago

Thank you, but it seems that is a bit outdated. The links on the site are …Thank you, but it seems that is a bit outdated. The links on the site are not working ;/

Try This?
Original Poster
It says to try "sfc.exe /scannow" which ive tried 2 times and it blue screened while doing so lol
ImBad_-1111557917980165954 m ago

It says to try "sfc.exe /scannow" which ive tried 2 times and it blue …It says to try "sfc.exe /scannow" which ive tried 2 times and it blue screened while doing so lol

Can you not scrap windows and start fresh to rule out a kernel corruption
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 8th Dec 2017
Original Poster
You mean wipe everything on pc?
How about running a Linux distro from a USB stick, this will help you decide if it's a physical hardware issue or a Windows installation problem.
Whilst you're welcome to sign up and ask here you might get better results asking on a site that deals specifically with this type of thing.

Your dump states that the problem is with ntsokrnl.exe* and typing just that into google gives various results with "how to fix" which you might get some luck with. Failing that the way you talk suggests you're at least semi computer literate so likely to have followed instructions on checking ram and drivers, so failing the above I'd be looking at a windows repair, followed by a fresh install. Hope you get a fix soon.

*edit: oh I see someone already directed you to that, oh well maybe on of the links in that search will help anyway
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 8th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Thanks Currently doing a windows recovery. Should fix it.
Also looking at the wiki entry says this:

”ntoskrnl.exe (short for Windows NT operating system kernel), also known as kernel image, provides the kernel and executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualization, process and memory management, thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the cache manager, the executive, the kernel, the security reference monitor, the memory manager, and the scheduler"

Which indicates that the problem is probably with a child process handled by this one, so harder to track down. I'd definitely try the windows repair.
Original Poster
Over 10 hours no blue screen. I think its fixed. Thanks for the help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions