Groups

HELP - BT phone line connection problem

Applied for phoneline. Advised would be connected remotely later that week. If could not be remotely connected then engineer would visit & there would be a £125 charge.
    Told agent that I dont agree with fee so if thats the case not to send one & Ill get line from elsewhere.
    Line wasnt connected by weekend but got text following week saying engineer calling.
    Engingeer came, did work and went no further mention of fee.
    Now got bill for 3 months in advance (dont recall agreeing to 1/4ly billing in advance but maybe??) and connection fee waived on basis of 18 month contract committing to 30 chargeable calls per quarter! Dont know if Ill make that many calls as we all have mobiles.

They are now listening to tape to see if what I say is true. But get this.. if Im wrong & they told me then the contract stands & I have to pay.. but if Im right & they didnt tell me, they are going to disconnect my phone line !!!

Does anyone have any experience of this? or better still work for BT and can help in any way???

8 Comments

Sounds about right. Why should they give you a service that you didn't agree to?

Original Poster

to come out AGAIN and disconnect the line doesn't recover their costs though.... just increases them !

Surely they should just accept that they made a mistake and take me off this 18 month / set number of chargeable calls contract??

Are you sure they have to be chargeable calls?
    Until 30 June you can get free bt installation, this is saving you £122.50. This applies to new customers, returning customer and if you need a second line fitted. To get this offer you have to sign up for a 18 months contract instead of the usual 12 months also you would need to make 10 calls a month these can be inclusive calls. Go to link below for more details.
    To get this offer ring 0800 800 150, lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm. Just request for the new line free connection offer
    ]http//ww…htm

Original Poster

The Fox;5347738

Are you sure they have to be chargeable calls?Until 30 June you can get … Are you sure they have to be chargeable calls?Until 30 June you can get free bt installation, this is saving you £122.50. This applies to new customers, returning customer and if you need a second line fitted. To get this offer you have to sign up for a 18 months contract instead of the usual 12 months also you would need to make 10 calls a month these can be inclusive calls. Go to link below for more details.To get this offer ring 0800 800 150, lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm. Just request for the new line free connection offer]http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...Impl337855.htm

Thanks Fox, I hadn't noticed that - that's really useful. Looks like that';s what they've signed me up to. I'll mention that when they call back.
    The letter says "Please note by taking this special offer you are committing to make at least 30 chargeable or inclusive calls in every three month period for those billed quarterly or 10 chargeable or inclusive calls per month if you are billed monthly."

I get free weekend & evening calls, so I guess I could call my mum 10 times on the 1st of every month & be covered.?? How bizarre !!

Thanks though. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Fox;5347738

Are you sure they have to be chargeable calls?Until 30 June you can get … Are you sure they have to be chargeable calls?Until 30 June you can get free bt installation, this is saving you £122.50. This applies to new customers, returning customer and if you need a second line fitted. To get this offer you have to sign up for a 18 months contract instead of the usual 12 months also you would need to make 10 calls a month these can be inclusive calls. Go to link below for more details.To get this offer ring 0800 800 150, lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm. Just request for the new line free connection offer]http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/p...Impl337855.htm

Can't get the link to work and would be interested in the offer if you could repost the link. I'll gladly leave rep

christophersmum;5347691

to come out AGAIN and disconnect the line doesn't recover their costs … to come out AGAIN and disconnect the line doesn't recover their costs though.... just increases them !Surely they should just accept that they made a mistake and take me off this 18 month / set number of chargeable calls contract??

They will disconnect it remotely, it wont cost them a penny

spider1986;5353787

Can't get the link to work and would be interested in the offer if you … Can't get the link to work and would be interested in the offer if you could repost the link. I'll gladly leave rep

]http//ww…htm

try that.

RedIron;5353829

They will disconnect it remotely, it wont cost them a penny

Yup, you'll just have a soft dial tone, you'll not be able to make or recieve calls
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846216
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49395
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1111
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46

See more discussions