help burning mini disc to dvd plz

10 replies
Found 12th Dec 2010
Hi I used a minidisc video recorder to record my little ones first nativity concert. I would like to put it on dvd for a couple of people.

How ever i have put minidisc into my laptop and copied it to my computer then i managed to watch it on wmp. now though it wont burn it to dvd and play

Can someone help me?
Is there a program i could maybe download?

Thanks hope someone can help.

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
10 Comments

Im guessing the camcorder records in a format other than dvd? avi or mp4 maybe? so it would play on a pc but not a dvd player-just google "convert avi to dvd"-I use convertx2dvd.Im also guessing you dont actually mean "mindisc" rather a small dvd? minidisc is something different entirely

Original Poster

barky

Im guessing the camcorder records in a format other than dvd? avi or mp4 … Im guessing the camcorder records in a format other than dvd? avi or mp4 maybe? so it would play on a pc but not a dvd player-just google "convert avi to dvd"-I use convertx2dvd.Im also guessing you dont actually mean "mindisc" rather a small dvd? minidisc is something different entirely

Yep small dvd lol.

How do i find out what format the camcorder records in? would it be the letters after the file names?

I have VOB file, BUP file and IFO file.

Any ideas?

Edited by: "11doodles83" 12th Dec 2010

11doodles83

Yep small dvd lol. How do i find out what format the camcorder records … Yep small dvd lol. How do i find out what format the camcorder records in? wouold it be the letters after the file names?

yes-file extension name should tell you

convertXtodvd should do it whatever it is

11doodles83

Yep small dvd lol. How do i find out what format the camcorder records … Yep small dvd lol. How do i find out what format the camcorder records in? would it be the letters after the file names?I have VOB file, BUP file and IFO file.Any ideas?

The VOB file, BUP file and IFO files are DVD format files, you may just be able to re-author them using something like dvdshrink or DVDFAB. I've done something similar when combining multiple 8cm (1.2gb)DVD's onto a standard 4.7GB one.

Original Poster

sancho1983

convertXtodvd should do it whatever it is

Have looked at this one and not keen on paying 34.99 for one dvd. not likely to need it again. Also it says if i use the free one it has a watermark on it.

Thanks though.

Its a DVD. just a smaller capacity

Im assuming the disc will play in a DVD player as is?
if so: Just use a program to do a direct copy of the DVD. Disc to disc.

Try CloneDVD i believe you can get it free off of Cnet.

Disc into computer.
open clone dvd
click copy disc
replace dvd with blank dvd when it tells you.

job done.

Banned

lol - have you even tried to play the minidvd on a dvd player? Probably just needs finalizing.
Edited by: "csiman" 12th Dec 2010

use imgburn.com ...switch to build mode see this guide forum.imgburn.com/ind…632

as csiman says above first finalise the disc to allow it to play in your standard home DVD player.

Then use ImgBurn with the guide above to author another copy to give to friends

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244921
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1223
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604819
    4. Anyone else bored of video gaming58

See more discussions