Help buying a cheap external SSD

Posted 29th Jun 2020
Basically after a cheap external SSD, happy for 240GB will go to 480GB if not too expensive.
Any advice would be great! Have amazon £5 voucher too if its from amazon to make it that little bit cheaper.
Community Updates
8 Comments
Just have a search on the deals therea been a few recently could always just buy an ssd and get a caddy rink there was a 480gb hotukdeals.com/dea…039 caddy for a tenner
As above. Buy the SSD and buy a caddy.

It's a sum of the parts thing. Hope you don't mind my asking if you have full USB 3 port(s)? Getting the speed of an SSD on USB2 is not my idea of a good use of the extra money.
I bought this caddy last week if it helps. No complaints and its toolless. £7.99

amazon.co.uk/dp/…GEN
cecilmcroberts29/06/2020 10:34

I bought this caddy last week if it helps. No complaints and its toolless. …I bought this caddy last week if it helps. No complaints and its toolless. £7.99https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OJ3UJ2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mvB-EbST6FGEN

Yeah im looking at getting this one.
DaveG4629/06/2020 10:08

Just have a search on the deals therea been a few recently could always …Just have a search on the deals therea been a few recently could always just buy an ssd and get a caddy rink there was a 480gb https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/adata-ultimate-su630-480gb-solid-state-drive-4599-delivered-at-amazon-3492039 caddy for a tenner

Looking for a drive for the Xbox one x actually, just to speed up certain games. Think 240gb would be enough but am also tempted by this. Just keep seeing lots of different comments as to performance which makes me question them!
Wilsh8829/06/2020 11:18

Looking for a drive for the Xbox one x actually, just to speed up certain …Looking for a drive for the Xbox one x actually, just to speed up certain games. Think 240gb would be enough but am also tempted by this. Just keep seeing lots of different comments as to performance which makes me question them!

From what I've read doesn't make much difference, I just have the standard drive and a normal seagate external 4tb hdd works fine and
Edited by: "DaveG46" 29th Jun
Is a caddy really needed? I just connect the SATA cable to the USB port.
MyMemory.co.uk?

Always seem to do good value SSD drives. I've got a 120gb "Boost" drive from them that's been no bother.

Cheapest 240 = £26.99 or £27.99 for a "Boost" with 3yr warranty.

"Amazon" sourced enclosure: £7.59
amazon.co.uk/Wig…WU=
Post a comment
@
    Text