Groups
    EXPIRED

Help buying a microwave please

HI

I need to buy a microwave, and have never bought one before.

I essebntially need it for defrosting, so that is the important element.

Can anyone guide me to a good deal and let me know if there is anything i should specifically look out for?

Thanks

5 Comments

The very basic microwaves from Sharp, Sanyo, Panasonic are all good and will do the job you are after. What you don't need is a combination microwave as that has a grill and a fan assisted convection oven built in. I would have a gander at the usual shops like currys, comet etc.

As a basic oven this Sharp at Tesco would do you just fine and they are renowned for reliability :

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Its £60 delivered and I would have thought that you could pick it up a little cheaper by looking around. Important thing is don't go for a cheapo brand. As with all electricals you get what you pay for.

If I spot anything really tempting then I'll repost here. If you want to PM me to get an opinion on one You've found then feel free to do so. I used to sell electrical goods some years ago and you get a real insite into the brands to avoid when you see a warehouse full of returned Akura or Hinari products!

How can you possibly need help with this? How did you get up this morning? Go to Morrisons/Woolworths/Tescos, look in the microwave section, buy the cheapest one!

Original Poster

philby27;1448328

The very basic microwaves from Sharp, Sanyo, Panasonic are all good and … The very basic microwaves from Sharp, Sanyo, Panasonic are all good and will do the job you are after. What you don't need is a combination microwave as that has a grill and a fan assisted convection oven built in. I would have a gander at the usual shops like currys, comet etc. As a basic oven this Sharp at Tesco would do you just fine and they are renowned for reliability :Thankshttp://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-8747.aspxIts £60 delivered and I would have thought that you could pick it up a little cheaper by looking around. Important thing is don't go for a cheapo brand. As with all electricals you get what you pay for.If I spot anything really tempting then I'll repost here. If you want to PM me to get an opinion on one You've found then feel free to do so. I used to sell electrical goods some years ago and you get a real insite into the brands to avoid when you see a warehouse full of returned Akura or Hinari products!

Bought one for £50 minus their voucher code of £15 at Marshall Ward-Its the Swan one.Its 800 watts and has great modern streamlined styling-unlike some of the plastic monstrosities sold in Asda etc.They also had one for the same price with a built in grill (i tend to avoid gadgets that try to do too many thing-more chance it will go wrong)I have used it-it is perfect and not too big.Stainless steell casing-mirrored door.Think i ordered thru quidco too. 800 watts means it cooks things quicker.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains33
      2. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22
      3. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer66
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1818

See more discussions